I love the Help section. Its my go to place, always when i have a problem. However I do think its large. Sometimes takes a long time to find the correct post. If its there.

Not sure what could be done but a small idea that has been around my mind for sometime is that certain post could easily be collected into sub sections. Like 3xBattery or 5xHorn. On the other hand the full page with all topics is also impressive and often I find myself clicking on a topic and reading just for fun.

Views: 131

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Always open to suggestions but do not understand what the subsection 3xBattery or 5xHorn would contain, or how it would be arranged? Can you give examples?  I will say one thing I like about having it all on one page is I can use the find (Ctrl F) to immediately bump down to help topics including those words. For example if I were looking for battery related topics, I just go Ctrl F + Battery, or Ctrl F + VIN, or Ctrl F + key word

As I said I'm not sure if its worth it or how it should be done.

3xBattery and 5xHorn are just examples of multiple topics that could be arranged into sub-sections. But my guess is its not worth it or should not be done. Only did throw the question out in the air. Most likely you or somebody else has a much better idea. Or keep it as it is. I do like the display as it is now with separate for each letter.

Didn't know about using Ctrl F. I have been scrolling everytime. Thanks.

CTRL F is what I use on PC's using Windows. It Ctrl C (copy), Ctrl X (cut), Ctrl V (paste) have been around since at least the 1990's. Different platforms will have different search tools.  Even without the search shortcut it only takes 4 scroll downs for me to reach the bottom on my PC. On my iPhone X it also only takes 4 finger scrolls up to reach the bottom. I would actually say we have plenty of room to grow the current format but if enough members want to split out into different pages we could consider. I just like the face all of the main help topics are on one page, and if you want to use a search you can go right to it.. but just a few scrolls to reach the bottom.  I have lots of documents on my phone and pc (e.g. the 2018 CLC International directory) that is hundreds of pages long and that almost mandates using the search function.

For those using a PC and not familiar with the short cut keys here is one of many links that will give you a refresher: https://www.best2know.info/basic-pc-shortcut-keys-2/

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

63 rear main seal

Started by Luther in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 3 hours ago. 7 Replies

Hello all , just spent better part of the weekend installing a new rear main seal and pan set on my 63 390 , all though it slowed the leak down considerably , l still have a drip , l used a Felpro…Continue

Very sensitive brakes.

Started by Phil in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 4 hours ago. 16 Replies

Hey everyone,  how sensitive should the power brakes be?  I have just rebuilt the power booster and  replaced the master cylinder. The pedal doesn’t have any resistance so I have to be very gentle so…Continue

RPM at 70

Started by Pete Grodem in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Kurt 11 hours ago. 1 Reply

I was questioning if my 63 was shifting into 4th , so I installed a tach and don't notice a 3-4 shift. Cruising at 70 the RPM is at 2600. Sounds high.  Has anyone noted RPM's at highway speeds?. I…Continue

Blog Posts

Torque converter grab when idling in Drive

Posted by Cliff Johnston on June 14, 2021 at 8:47pm 1 Comment

Hi Everyone, been quite a while since i have been on here.

I have had an issue with the idle on my 64 Coupe Deville ever since i have had it.

With the Idle set high enough that it is smooth, but still a nice idle, the RPM seems only slightly too high for the stall of the Torque Converter. And therefore it tends to sit there and grab and lunge a bit. So until now, i have been putting the car in Neutral at the lights to stop this happening.

I've had the car dyno tuned and…

Continue

Can you help? Driveshaft Question....

Posted by Chris on May 30, 2021 at 8:55am 1 Comment

Hello!

Newbie to the group here - we have already found tons of invaluable information on the board, so thanks! We are restoring a 1963 Series 62 Convertible. We are wondering if anyone knows of a source to buy the propellor yoke flange (that bolts to the pinion flange) for the driveshaft? One of our ears partially broke off. Not sure if we can buy just the yoke flange as an aftermarket part, or if it has to be rebuilt by a welder/fab guy? Maybe a salvage yard for a source? Again, any…

Continue

Thank you Kurt re: VIN location

Posted by Robert Pellow on April 19, 2021 at 1:07pm 0 Comments

I just wanted to say a thank you to Kurt for steering me to the tech tips page on V.I.N. locations.  Excellent information.  Thanks a bundle.

Robert Pellow

V.I.N. where?

Posted by Robert Pellow on April 18, 2021 at 1:41pm 6 Comments

Where can I find the V.I.N. on a 63 convertible?  The usual space at the base of the interior windshield on the driver's side has been decimated by weather.

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2021   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service