No Description

Views: 172

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kim 

Holding my breath

How are you coming along with the engine fire up ?

Hope it’s running and you are busy driving around the block 

Enjoy 

Well, i was unable to post for some reason frpm any phone or computer. Any, we turned it over a few times and found out i wasnt getting fuel to bowl therefore not to carb or engine. So i checked fuel pump and figured somehow i must hv snapped the inlet tube when pulling out engine, so there was no abikity for the pump to pull the fuel in. I cked w Russ. Who said that its supposed to be phyically connected. I found a pump two hours away, so had to drive up to get it today, got it installed. Mosquitos started tearing me up so i am going to hook up fuel line tomoro and give it another go.

Thanks for checking,

Got the fuel pump changed, tried to start,  fuel going to filter bowl and is full.  Put some gas in carb, several times,   getba puff now and then, but iveral, not getting a spark to fire it off.  Checkwd my plug connections, distri connectiins.  Coik connectiin.  I hv the petronix and am poisive those are correct.  Attached picture of coil.  Is tgerecany othr wire that goes here?  I hv a yellow wire from firewall, the red petronix, and the little black wire from on top of tge coil at positive,   a blk wire from petronix on the negative.

Were else shouod i look for?

so what is that green wire on the coil negative?  is it the condenser?  

Tachomter to monitor rpm at start up.  

try a timing light.  that will immediately tell you if it's firing near the right time.  you need to time it anyhow once it starts

Can you time it before it gets going or is there enough spin for the light to pick up before it starts?

you can time it without it running, so long as the battery is cranking it relatively well.   speed doesn't create the spark, grounding the voltage to the coil does, and that happens equally well at 10 rpm, better in fact.  

So jist hook up like always and shoot lite at timing mark?  With some ome turning the enhigine over?

yes.  
you may not see the tdc line when you try it, if you are far off.  try moving the distributor to see if it comes into view.   if it doesn't, then try hooking the pickup to the wires adjacent to #1 so you can seee if the spark is early or late.  
i don't know the 63 order off the top of my head, but on a 64-67 motor, those would be #'s 8 and 3, maybe it's the same.  
if #8 is close to the line when you crank it, you'd move the rotor pointer back one, and if #3 is close, you'd move the pointer forward one.   Of course, if the 63 f.o. isn't 1-8-7-2-6-5-4-3, then you would substitute whichever cylinders are second and last for the test but i think it is.

Will gv it a try tomoro.  Battery on charger for tomoro

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Frozen Odometer

Started by Lee Martin in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion 10 minutes ago. 0 Replies

Hi, everyone.  Getting ready for my next project and wanted a sounding board before I get started.  My speedometer works perfectly, but the mileage counting odometer hasn't worked since I owned car. …Continue

Deville

Started by Planet-automobile in Wanted to Buy 3 hours ago. 0 Replies

HiI am looking for a cadillac deville 64 convertible with A/C to restoreabout 10000$if you have any contact meContinue

429 restoration

Started by Matti Roth in Restoration Discussion. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 7 hours ago. 6 Replies

Hello, and thanks for adding to group!I am restoring 1964 429 engine which I bought as dismantled. It is said to be smoking in driving and has been stored as parts for a year. It is most probably…Continue

Tags: #429

Current 1963/64 Cadillac Listings on eBay

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge 11 hours ago. 0 Replies

To see all 1963/64 Cadillacs Listed on eBay in the USA…Continue

Tags: ebay

Blog Posts

Thank you Kurt re: VIN location

Posted by Robert Pellow on April 19, 2021 at 1:07pm 0 Comments

I just wanted to say a thank you to Kurt for steering me to the tech tips page on V.I.N. locations.  Excellent information.  Thanks a bundle.

Robert Pellow

V.I.N. where?

Posted by Robert Pellow on April 18, 2021 at 1:41pm 6 Comments

Where can I find the V.I.N. on a 63 convertible?  The usual space at the base of the interior windshield on the driver's side has been decimated by weather.

63 Trunk detail

Posted by Bob Pontius on April 8, 2021 at 3:07pm 1 Comment

Jason, I liked the detail and information you have provided. I would like to do mine similar to yours. Can you help? Do you have trunk material? OPGI is sending the trunk product for my 63 Fleetwood. But it does cover the entire trunk as yours was done. If you do not have can you give me a reference? Thanks!! Bob

Car lift and jack stands

Posted by Les Eastling on March 23, 2021 at 10:00am 4 Comments

I mentioned during the 63/64 chapter zoom meeting on 3/21 that we had installed a car lift in our garage. Someone asked what kind and I didn't have the info at hand, so here is a link to it and also a link to some tall jack stands we use to add more stability to the car and an additional safety factor. There is something about getting underneath one of these cars that makes me a little nervous! …

Continue

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2021   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service