I put a pair of new shoes on the front of the Fleetwood yesterday and had the front aligned.

No bastard can ever get the wheel dead right and it annoys the shit outta me being off a tad.

Yes, I will check the workshop manual later, but I assume, the horn is just a push down, turn anti-clock wise and it will release?

Any tricks apart from using a puller to pop the wheel off?

It's only out by 1 spline too.

Views: 138

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kevin, even if the steering wheel is out by a spline. We all know you are a lot more out than a spline...  ;-)

ha ha ha.....that's a given.... How ya been Anders?

Its good expect for the daily shootings and bombings. Knives seems to be pretty common as well in Sweden nowadays.

So you survived the fires? I was more worried about the Cadillac and Astrid though.

Oh maaaaate..... that's a bit harsh.... true, but harsh. We are supposed to be getting a changing weather pattern shortly, we should go from drought where I am to flooding..... can't wait for that :-(

You know Kevin. Maybe you should check the Help as well? Might be something about steering wheels there?

But my guess is that you wanted to brag about the new tires and alignment.

Only replacing front tires? That's a bit cheap. I put four new on the Buick in the spring. Four new on the Cadillac in August. Four new on the Ford last week. And will have to buy winter tires for the Ford now as well. Sixteen tires in a year and you brag about two...

I'd forgotten about the help section.

I'll hop in there and have a look.

The rears on the Fleetwood are mint, besides, i'm building a new car at the moment, so that's eating up money like no tomorrow. (keeping this build, so its getting treatment)

Kevin , Are you and Anders brothers ? Y'all sound like brothers to me :-)

Anders has a very Aussie style of humour (oz spelling) and I have to say, i think we are alike in many ways.

Brothers in opposite hemispheres maybe.... I would be OK with that, having Anders as a brother.

Tried to get the bloody centre piece out, it felt like it was coming, then a chip fly out of it.

NOT HAPPY.... going to get the alignment guys to tweak the rods underneath and straighten the wheel next week. It's a 100 klm (60 mile) round trip..... lucky for me its a Fleetwood, so I can deal with the extra trip in extra comfort.... . LOL :-)  

we  are all lucky to have these cars ,dinosaur's for a lost time in space . I've had this happen before . i just took it back and got it fixed no charge ! The alignment guys can fix it .  I would just take and tell them they made a mistake lining up the steering wheel.should be part of the job to have the steering wheel going the same direction as the tires

Are you talking about the center (US spelling ; ) cap  on the steering wheel? You can pull that off without any tools. If you are prying on the plastic, you're doing it wrong.

Yep, I was doing it wrong. Now i'm really dirty with myself. :-)

The book made it sound like the emblem centre (Oz Spelling) can out.

Thanks for the heads up Kurt.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Whoa there, you want how much??

Started by Robert Gonzalez in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Robert Gonzalez 10 hours ago. 3 Replies

Ok, I’ve been on here for almost a decade. I KNOW we covet our cars and have always tried selling them at premium prices. But the bottom line, our cars rarely fetched prices over a covair. The…Continue

Free- 64 lower bumper bucket - Passenger side

Started by Michael Buonaccorso in For Sale. Last reply by Michael Buonaccorso 22 hours ago. 2 Replies

This is in rough shape. Not only is there rust in the usual places but it is also bent. I replaced this piece on my car after an accident, but since this is a hard to come by piece, I figured someone…Continue

1964 Cadillac parts for sale... northern cali

Started by Jason in For Sale. Last reply by Jeremy on Friday. 1 Reply

Bill Hirsch cast iron gray exhaust and manifold paint (1 can) $20Bill hirsch Cadillac dark blue engine enamel high temp high gloss (2 cans) $40Convertible top latchValve coversHeadlight bezelRadioGas…Continue

Tags: Parts

63 4 door Cadillac

Started by Walt Timmerman in For Sale. Last reply by Jeremy on Friday. 7 Replies

Need to start parting this car out. Might be moving soon and if its not parted out, it'll be scrapped.Also have Motor and transmission from my 63 coupe deville for sale. will part out also.Was told…Continue

Blog Posts

Rumble Sound at 55-60 mph

Posted by Ray Schick on September 20, 2021 at 10:45pm 6 Comments

64 Coupe DeVille , while driving at 55-60 mph I have a oscillating rumble sound . Steering wheel does not shake or vibrate . Transmission mount looks good .Tires were replaced 2 years ago balanced and rebalanced recently. Axel bearings were just replaced, rear differential assembly was just replaced with a Posi track ,pinion bearings good. Fresh gear lube. Driveshaft checked and balanced the other day ,new center bearing installed and new bearing carrier assembly too. Trying to figure this…

Continue

1963 series 62 convertible transmission issue

Posted by Matthew VanDeWater on June 22, 2021 at 3:03pm 1 Comment

Hello I've been restoring a 63 for way to many years. Down to almost done, but have issue with trans linkage, when column in park shift rod 2 inches short. everything original. been trying to find picture of manual rod hooked up from under car to see position of linkage. was wondering if anybody has access for pictures. I wanted to see if my manual linkage is bent  wrong out of the trans if somebody dropped the trans or something. Doesn't make sense why it doesn't work. Thanks for any input…

Continue

New vehicle in the club

Posted by Patrick Westphal on June 17, 2021 at 4:00pm 1 Comment

I was successful in getting a vehicle from the New York contact I talked about at the last club meeting. I am still trying to figure out how to post a picture of the vehicle that is tied with this comment so if you see a random picture of a black convertible in a yard, that's me haha.  …

Continue

Torque converter grab when idling in Drive

Posted by Cliff Johnston on June 14, 2021 at 8:47pm 2 Comments

Hi Everyone, been quite a while since i have been on here.

I have had an issue with the idle on my 64 Coupe Deville ever since i have had it.

With the Idle set high enough that it is smooth, but still a nice idle, the RPM seems only slightly too high for the stall of the Torque Converter. And therefore it tends to sit there and grab and lunge a bit. So until now, i have been putting the car in Neutral at the lights to stop this happening.

I've had the car dyno tuned and…

Continue

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2021   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service