Hi gang.  While reviewing the extensive photo archives on this site, I came across an excellent series of photos documenting a trunk pull-down assembly posted by Jason Edge.  I really didn't even realize this was optional on our cars!  I'm wondering how many cars came with this option...and of course I WANT ONE!

Views: 95

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is what you need to install power trunk release and pull down. I currently have everything except the pull down Bowden Cable (lower left), but have everything else. I sell everything for $350 but would go $300 for everything minus the cable and give anyone buying the complete setup 1st dibbs on the Bowden cables. 
NOTE 1: There is some welding involving the rear latch bracket that attaches to the back wall (center top row) and the lower pull down cylinder bracket (bottom right ).
NOTE 2: The power trunk (and power trunk lock) equipped cars also had a larger vacuum canister mounted at cowl/firewall inside left fender to give additional vacuum cycles once car was turned off. I have that canister for $50.  

Some assembly and fabrication required.  Nothing too terrible though.  I have 3 questions:

1.  How likely/quickly are we to find the correct Bowden cable.

2.  Could a Bowden cable be fabricated?

3.  This seems like a low production option.  How many, as a percent, of the 63 and 64's were produced with this option?  As I recall you once stated that only like 20% of our cars were produced with a tilt steering column.

1.  As an non-CLC and Chapter member.. I would say quite some time as I have 3 others on the Wait List right now. BUT... none on the Wait List are CLC and Chapter Members. Rejoin the CLC and then join our free Chapter and you will move to head of the list. In fact your 10% Chapter savings would knock $35 off the total price basically paying for one years online membership subscription or paying a good chunk of print subscription. To join the CLC Click Here.  Once a member of the CLC shoot me an email and I will add you to the Chapter Roster and note on the Wait List you get Chapter Preference. Like they say, membership has it's advantages.  As a Chapter Member you get 1st good Bowden Cable, I would say I average 1 good one a year. I hope to pull in 1 to 2 more parts cars this year but what they have is always a roll of the dice.

2. Maybe. I have heard a lot of talk about it.. but have not seen it actually done.

3. That stat is not in my Wards Annual Automotive Yearbooks but would take a wild guess and say 10 to 15% overall with the %'s going up a tad as you go from Series 62 to de Ville to Fleetwood/Eldo body series.

Super cool option.  Have you installed one on your car?  I would love to see a video of this feature in action!

I see there are 2 Bowden cables for our cars currently on Ebay. I have attached the link. can you confirm if these are correct? BTW the ebay price is disgusting.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&am...

Have not installed on my car ... yet. The eBay listing looks correct. If you go for it, you will have the missing link to install everything. If ready to pull the trigger you can shoot me an email to jasonedge@nc.rr.com and we can look at shipping.

I am guessing, like with other years of Cadillac, that the switch mounts in the glove compartment?

Trunk release switch is a vacuum switch that mounts inside the glove box on the left side. It and the feed and supply green striped vacuum hose is in the upper left of the picture of parts. You will need to drill a small round hole for the switch on left near top as seen in illustration below. I may have a better picture. 

The description provided indicates that the assembly does not completely open and or close the trunk.  Is that an accurate assertion?

Release button pops it open. It doesn't fling it completely open, but slightly opens past the lock mechanism so no key is needed.  Pull down works similarly. lower the trunk lid until it rests on the latch and it pulls it down and locks the trunk. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Need some help

Started by Christian in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Ray Schick 58 minutes ago. 3 Replies

Hello,I removed the dash pad from my 63 Series 62 coupe and renewed all bulbs of the car..i still have one bulb with socket left which i can not identify anymore....and i do not remember where it…Continue

I need to buy rim for tire Los Angeles ca

Started by Charles in Wanted to Buy. Last reply by Charles 2 hours ago. 2 Replies

in need or rim for tire Cadillac Fleetwood 64 any one known why i can buy in Los Angeles ca ..hi..thanks 310 309 0332Continue

Current 1963/64 Cadillac Listings on eBay

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge 5 hours ago. 0 Replies

To see all 1963/64 Cadillacs Listed on eBay in the USA…Continue

Tags: ebay

Classic Cadillac Parts For Sale - Misc Items

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge 5 hours ago. 166 Replies

I have posted a few Misc items over on my Classic Cadillac Parts Facebook page at…Continue

Tags: classic cadillac parts, classiccadillacparts

Blog Posts

driveshaft help

Posted by wayne weaver on October 9, 2019 at 4:41pm 1 Comment

can anyone help me with a driveshaft ? I have a 1963 Cadillac 62 series 4dr with the hydro-matic trans. I need the male splined shaft on the front of the rear driveshaft section. the piece with the nut attached by clip.id be willing to buy a shaft if its not horribly priced.

Dash removal

Posted by Jake Mickley on October 9, 2019 at 12:06am 9 Comments

Hello everyone,

On a 63 CDV, if a guy wanted to remove the entire dash to get all the metal painted, and do some other things behind there, how would he go about doing that?  I checked here and the shop manual, but can't find a complete guide.

As always, and help or direction is appreciated.  Thanks!

--Jake

Introducing myself

Posted by Gary Marchand on October 7, 2019 at 9:32pm 8 Comments

Thanks for letting me join the club.  Picked up this ‘64 Coupe Deville a few months ago out of Beverly MA, the car has few stickers on it from various Cadillac clubs, didn’t know if anyone might recognize it from it’s “Glory days.” Everything seems pretty healthy except for the body and some very Mickey Mouse repairs, was wondering if anyone had any leads on…

Continue

Carter AFB carburetor question

Posted by Ray Schick on October 7, 2019 at 8:29pm 8 Comments

3655S carb, and a 3656S carb .I know the difference is one is for A/C and the other in for a non A/C car . Now the question is : can I use the carb bowl from the A/C car on the non A/C car ? They look the same set up next to each other

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service