I would like to ask what is the best and safest way to remove windshield and rear window from 1963 Cadillac.

Which company sells the best rubbers that go around these windows.

Thank you for the help

Paul

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rock auto is where I got my windshield gasket from. I had them done by a restoration shop and they both leaked like sieves after. I redid my windshield because I got tired of bringing it back to be fixed and it kept leaking. Messy job but well worth doing it myself as no more leakes

what product did you use to reseal it?

I used a black polyurethane sealant made for automotive windows. I can't remember the name of it at the moment but it was 20 Canadian and I got it at an automotive window installation shop. I put the sealant in the lip of the window gasket then installed it onto the window. I then installed the window/gasket in the window frame. Then filled under the lip between the frame and gasket and finally filled the cavity with caulking. Then installed the chrome trim. I then spent an hour cleaning all excess caulk off the window and chrome. I didn't want it to cure on it. That stuff is make to stick

Sorry forgot to add you have to dig out all the old sealerfrom around the window, then cut the old rubber gasket lip, from the outside, that holds the window in and remove with suction cups. Harbour freight has them cheap. In Canada I got mine at princess auto. 

Thank you,

Paul

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

1964 left hand (drivers side) headlight door lower trim (boomarang) needed

Started by Michael Francioni in Wanted to Buy 58 minutes ago. 0 Replies

Must be in good condition for show car or open to a good donor for rechoming but must be pit free. send info to sanremo120@msn.com along with pictures. Thanks...…...Continue

Caddy Bling

Started by Joe DiIaconi in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Joe DiIaconi 1 hour ago. 7 Replies

Continue

Current 1963/64 Cadillac Listings on eBay

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge 4 hours ago. 0 Replies

To see all 1963/64 Cadillacs Listed on eBay in the USA…Continue

Tags: ebay

Blog Posts

1964 Cadillac Fleetwood sixty special / transmission dipstick needed

Posted by Pablo on September 20, 2020 at 9:57pm 1 Comment

How are you doing folks, I’m looking for a transmission dipstick, any info I will appreciated, thank you very much

1963 Cadillac hood driver side hinge

Posted by Steven on September 16, 2020 at 9:23am 1 Comment

Hello,

Does anyone know were I can buy a 1963 Cadillac hood driver side hinge or is there any other hinge that would fit? 

Thanks

Steven

Bad Guage?

Posted by Karl Schwarz on August 26, 2020 at 3:08pm 5 Comments

So I am troubleshooting my fuel gauge issue. I bought a new sender and tested it. It  it goes from 1-ohm (empty) to 35-ohm (full). When I test it (outside the tank), when the float is in the up (full) position it only moves the gauge to about 1/2 full. When at the bottom (empty) position the gauge shows empty. This is the same issue I have when I fill and then use the gas in the tank - the gauge never reads ore than half full. Based on what I've read on this thread it would seem like the…

Continue

Website

Posted by Fritz Seitz on August 11, 2020 at 2:35am 0 Comments

I have been working on a website-----www.fritzsautorepair.com-----

Does anyone have suggestions?

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2020   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service