Is there a wiring diagram in existence for the 1964 convertible top? Sections 12 and 16 of the shop manual seem to have none, even though the dash switch and the motor/reservoir assembly are discussed.

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The wiring schematics were in the 1963 Cadillac Shop Manual in the Body Chapter 16, Electrical Section as follows:
63-6267 Page 16-117, Fig 16-144
63-6367 Page 16-120, Fig 16-147
Note: the Body Wiring Circuit Diagrams, and the Rear Body Wiring Diagrams are not in the 1964 Shop Manual and you need the 1963 manual to refer to these specific schematics for the same body style. If you don't have a 1963 shop manual I have a good stash of originals for sale. Shoot me an email to jasonedge@nc.rr.com. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

63 coupedebille fuel pump issues

Started by Daniel Grande in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 1 hour ago. 20 Replies

I have a 63 cadillac and I took it to a mechanic for a motor tune up long story short the fuel pump gave out and hes tried twice to order it and he says it didnt fit the original pump is smaller on…Continue

A Before & After Example

Started by Jason Edge in Restoration Discussion yesterday. 0 Replies

Since I started cadmium plating the many fasteners and other items from the 55 and counting parts cars I have bought in (1200 lbs worth and counting), I have to say it has really taken the…Continue

Oil leaking out of oil cap breather

Started by mark zimmerman in Restoration Discussion. Last reply by mark zimmerman yesterday. 12 Replies

Hi i would like some ideas on this i replaced oil cap breather and pcv valve and still oil  coming out of breather at normal speeds down the road.This has been going on for quiet awhile from the…Continue

Update on fuel pump

Started by Daniel Grande in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by William R Conte yesterday. 1 Reply

I'm still looking thru land and sea for this fuel pump anyone out there know what size engine I have here are some pics of the stamps on the block I found to make sure my engine is a 390 because the…Continue

Blog Posts

1963 series 62 convertible transmission issue

Posted by Matthew VanDeWater on June 22, 2021 at 3:03pm 1 Comment

Hello I've been restoring a 63 for way to many years. Down to almost done, but have issue with trans linkage, when column in park shift rod 2 inches short. everything original. been trying to find picture of manual rod hooked up from under car to see position of linkage. was wondering if anybody has access for pictures. I wanted to see if my manual linkage is bent  wrong out of the trans if somebody dropped the trans or something. Doesn't make sense why it doesn't work. Thanks for any input…

Continue

New vehicle in the club

Posted by Patrick Westphal on June 17, 2021 at 4:00pm 1 Comment

I was successful in getting a vehicle from the New York contact I talked about at the last club meeting. I am still trying to figure out how to post a picture of the vehicle that is tied with this comment so if you see a random picture of a black convertible in a yard, that's me haha.  …

Continue

Torque converter grab when idling in Drive

Posted by Cliff Johnston on June 14, 2021 at 8:47pm 2 Comments

Hi Everyone, been quite a while since i have been on here.

I have had an issue with the idle on my 64 Coupe Deville ever since i have had it.

With the Idle set high enough that it is smooth, but still a nice idle, the RPM seems only slightly too high for the stall of the Torque Converter. And therefore it tends to sit there and grab and lunge a bit. So until now, i have been putting the car in Neutral at the lights to stop this happening.

I've had the car dyno tuned and…

Continue

Can you help? Driveshaft Question....

Posted by Chris on May 30, 2021 at 8:55am 1 Comment

Hello!

Newbie to the group here - we have already found tons of invaluable information on the board, so thanks! We are restoring a 1963 Series 62 Convertible. We are wondering if anyone knows of a source to buy the propellor yoke flange (that bolts to the pinion flange) for the driveshaft? One of our ears partially broke off. Not sure if we can buy just the yoke flange as an aftermarket part, or if it has to be rebuilt by a welder/fab guy? Maybe a salvage yard for a source? Again, any…

Continue

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2021   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service