Restoration Discussion (284)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Fender Skirt Seal Replacement by Ron Perry

The January 2015 Newsletter included a solution to replacing the Fender Skirt Seals often missing after 50+ years.  I have attached as a se…

Started by Jason Edge

2 Jan 23, 2015
Reply by Jason Edge

Oil Filler Cap Reproduction and Restoration

I have saved the June Tech Tips article Those Dang Dinged Oil Filler Caps to our new Restoration and Authenticity Forum.    I have a…

Started by Jason Edge

4 Jan 23, 2015
Reply by Jason Edge

64' Fleetwood 60 Special Heater Inlet and Outlet Hoses

I have looked in numerous replacement parts catalogs for heater inlet/outlet replacement hoses and haven't found anything listed as such. I…

Started by Leif Waller

7 Jan 23, 2015
Reply by Joe DiIaconi

Painting On-The-Car Parts

Tailfin%20Shop%202.pdf This link leads to another installment of a reoccurring column I occasionally add to my region's newsletter. This on…

Started by Tony Albarella

1 Dec 24, 2014
Reply by Jason Edge

Crown bolts for door striker

I am looking for the three Phillips crown bolts for the door striker that bolt into the body, mine are stripped, I have tried to find them…

Started by Robert Collier

1 Nov 18, 2014
Reply by Jason Edge

Heater core size

Hello everyone! I have now completed the engine swap in my -64 DeVille convertible and have started with the restauration of the blower/hea…

Started by Mattias Hedrén

3 Oct 27, 2014
Reply by Mattias Hedrén

I need help with my new project!

Hello all, I am the proud owner of a '64 sedan deville 4 window. I bought it from a client of mine that started the restore about 10 years…

Started by Eric Bevin

2 Oct 9, 2014
Reply by Dave Schneider

Grounding straps

Hi all! Can someone help me identify where all the grounding straps are supposed to be located?  Thanks

Started by Todd Lentz

1 Oct 4, 2014
Reply by Jason Edge

64 DeVille Convertible Pinchweld Trim Removal

Hello all! I recently purchased a 1964 DeVille convertible and I need to figure out how to remove the pinchweld trim that goes around the…

Started by Eric K

3 Sep 21, 2014
Reply by Mark S Anderson

Untitled

Hi i have a 64 coupe deville and the windscreen wiper motor wont turn it clicks and has power but just doesnt turn is there anyone had this…

Started by steve white

1 Sep 10, 2014
Reply by Russ Austin

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

quarter window felts and chrome strips

Started by tom servas in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by tom servas 11 hours ago. 5 Replies

How would we replace the convertible quarter window, OUTER RUBBER (felts) strips, on our 64 Deville convert.  Can it be done without removing the power window itself to access the fastening…Continue

Current 1963/64 Cadillac Listings on eBay

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge yesterday. 0 Replies

To see all 1963/64 Cadillacs Listed on eBay in the USA…Continue

Tags: ebay

1960 Cadillac DeVille

Started by DanielAndrew in For Sale yesterday. 0 Replies

1960 Cadillac DeVille On Ebayhttps://ebay.to/2GD8RnJContinue

Tags: DeVille, Cadillac

Center bearing - replacement.

Started by Anders in Restoration Discussion. Last reply by Norman Silverman on Monday. 23 Replies

Had some sound from the propeller shaft and as the rear wheel bearings just been replaced I thought it would be the center bearing. Removed the propeller shaft and checked the center bearing (as per…Continue

Blog Posts

Radiator And Shrouds

Posted by Dominic Salemi on April 24, 2019 at 3:36pm 1 Comment

Hello

Anyone have a decent radiator and shrouds and hardware for a 1964 Cadillac deville. I have an alum. radiator and I'm deciding on to fix it or back to the original one. If I fix it I won't need parts.

Thanks

64 Recirc/Fresh Air Door Actuator replaced; FROM THE INSIDE.

Posted by Norman Silverman on February 4, 2019 at 11:21pm 8 Comments

I am happy to report that I have successfully replaced the Fresh Air/Recirc door actuator that is located on the blower box-and have done so without having to remove the blower box. I did it by taking out the glove box and attacking it from the back.  It took several days, LOTS of patience and some band-aids, but it is done. THE most difficult part -BY FAR- is to remove and then replace the screw that sits on the actuator arm, connecting it to the fresh…

Continue

Flashers

Posted by Mike Petrey on January 13, 2019 at 12:25pm 7 Comments

Where do the flashers go in my 64 Deville Convert.  I'm thinking that's why both turn signals stopped working.

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service