All Discussions Tagged 'rear' (12)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Rear axle leak. Got into it today with pictures for comment

Ok.  Out today,  rear brakes got very hot, again.  1st time in aweek.  Almost like they are resetting back.  Anyway decided to fix the axle…

Started by Kim K Kaiser

24 May 30, 2018
Reply by Michael Forte

Rear axle - special transportation device

Needed to replace my rear axle as the old made some weird noice even after replacing the wheel bearings. So in the fall I got another rear…

Started by Anders

8 Apr 23, 2018
Reply by Jason Edge

Another Rear Driveshaft Testimonial

We have been discussing rear driveshaft vibration as long as this site (and the site prior and the site prior) has been up and again receiv…

Started by Jason Edge

0 Mar 18, 2018

Suspension, Front and Rear - Illustrations & Pictures

Suspension Illustrations from Shop Manual (Click on Pictures to Enlarge)  1963-64 FRONT SUSPENSION 1963 Rear Suspension (Note Difference i…

Started by Jason Edge

16 Dec 14, 2017
Reply by Tony and Ginny 429

Testing new rear lower control arms.

Testing of the new rear lower control arms is going very well. A friend made these, and I am testing them as a potential part to sell thro…

Started by Russ Austin

19 Dec 14, 2017
Reply by Clovis

Yukon Gear & Axle GM '55-'64 Passenger car differential

Was looking through some u-tube videos and stumbled across some guy taking the differential apart. He bought some parts from Yukon Gear &am…

Started by Anders

4 Sep 26, 2017
Reply by Anders

More Cadillac Bumper Bling

Ok... so I had some fun and lit up all lights on my completed rear bumper end lights and took some pictures over a black carpet so I could…

Started by Jason Edge

15 Jul 1, 2017
Reply by Kevin Campbell

Colonel "Klunk" ...Rear Suspension Ball Joint Replacment-Tips,and a Mistake to Avoid

You can see from this photo looking up at the rear spherical (ball)  joint that the four attaching bolts had worked loose. This part was in…

Started by Jeff Kinzler

6 May 20, 2017
Reply by Anders

Kanter rear shocks - do not buy!

Bought the full Monty suspension and steering parts in the fall from Kanter. It was everything in the box including the coils and shocks.…

Started by Anders

26 Apr 24, 2017
Reply by Tony and Ginny 429

New Rear Ball Joint and Clunk?

As part of this year's upgrades we redid the front end and replaced the rear axle ball joint.  However, since this part was replaced the r…

Started by Jeff Kinzler

0 Oct 31, 2016

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Caddy Shack parts & services

Started by Russ Austin in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by tom servas 2 hours ago. 12 Replies

At Caddy Shack, I have good used parts, stored in buildings and sheds.  I source my parts from cars here in Arizona, so I offer sheet metal and parts in generally rust damage free conditions.  The…Continue

Tags: shack, caddy

1964 Carter AFB

Started by Dave Bird in Wanted to Buy. Last reply by Dave Bird 2 hours ago. 9 Replies

Looking for a built or suitable for rebuild Carter carburetor for my 1964 Fleetwood 60 429 THM w/AC. It would be a plus if it had the solenoid for the THM transmission in working shape. The previous…Continue

Tags: Carter, AFB, 90, Fleetwood, 1964

trunk wheel wrench location

Started by maurice lapoiinte in General Discussion. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 4 hours ago. 2 Replies

Just finishing up my trunk restoration on my 63 convertible. the spare mounts to the floor on the right rear, the jack goes in the clips on the right side. the jack base and hook go in their holders…Continue

This months (March) Birthday Boys and Girls. For a bit of fun.

Started by Kevin Campbell in General Discussion. Last reply by Kevin Campbell 4 hours ago. 8 Replies

1st up is Dino, with his 55th birthday rocking in on the 19th. I reckon, Jason will play a Dean Martin classic for Dino for his birthday. Maybe, something like this, based on the love between Jason…Continue

Blog Posts

64 Recirc/Fresh Air Door Actuator replaced; FROM THE INSIDE.

Posted by Norman Silverman on February 4, 2019 at 11:21pm 8 Comments

I am happy to report that I have successfully replaced the Fresh Air/Recirc door actuator that is located on the blower box-and have done so without having to remove the blower box. I did it by taking out the glove box and attacking it from the back.  It took several days, LOTS of patience and some band-aids, but it is done. THE most difficult part -BY FAR- is to remove and then replace the screw that sits on the actuator arm, connecting it to the fresh…

Continue

Flashers

Posted by Mike Petrey on January 13, 2019 at 12:25pm 7 Comments

Where do the flashers go in my 64 Deville Convert.  I'm thinking that's why both turn signals stopped working.

Source for Motor mounts and Trans mounts 1964 SDV

Posted by Norman Silverman on January 9, 2019 at 4:23pm 4 Comments

Hi.

Where is the best place to purchase good quality motor mounts/trans mounts for my 1964 SDV? I see that Rock Auto has them for $8 and change, and others for $24 and change. Big difference. Is there a better place to buy them from?

Thanks

Norm

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service