Hi all, I'm wrapping up my interior restoration (slight custom) and the last part I need for the doors are the vent window handles.  The ones I have are pitted so I need new ones and I'd like originals or authentic reproductions.  Can anyone post a few pics of what the originals are supposed to look like?  The parts book list # 4846161 for 1959 thru 1964 front door ventilator handle.  I attached a few pics of what I have now, which seem to be aftermarket ??? with part number PT5712744 cast into them.  Note the curved  shape is different than ones I've seen online, so I'm curious to know what the originals look like and if they are reproduced.

Thanks!

Views: 214

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yours look original. Casting #'s and Part #'s are often not the same. I will have some better for $20 each but not new, NOS, mint condition. They will have some sprinkling but less than yours. Email me at jasonedge@nc.rr.com if you want 2 of my best VG used.

This is an original vent window handle.  I have plenty, and several that are in great condition.   Shoot me an email to;  russ85747@hotmail.com   if you would like one.

RSS

Photos

  • Add Photos
  • View All

Forum

1963 Dashboard With Autronic Eye Hole

Started by Earl R in For Sale yesterday. 0 Replies

I bought this from a yard in Washington state.  I was told it was pulled and kept inside as soon as the car came in. I was going to dye and install it in my '63 Eldorado but sold the car.  Please see…Continue

Tags: Dash

Congratulations Logan Robb!

Started by Jason Edge in Chapter Discussion. Last reply by Dennis P. DiBari on Thursday. 1 Reply

A Big Congratulations to 63-64 Chapter member Logan Robb with his October 2026 The Self-Starter cover story featuring his 1964 Fleetwood 60 Special.Way to go, Logan!!…Continue

October, November, December 1962 Serviceman Bulletins Rescanned & Uploaded

Started by Jason Edge in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion Sep 16. 0 Replies

Some time back I started rescanning the Serviceman Bulletins starting with October 1962 and the October Supplement as it was the month the 1963 Cadillac was introduced. I scanned November and let…Continue

Ignition Resistor Wire Purpose, Ignition Switch Circuit

Started by Jason Edge in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion Sep 15. 0 Replies

Sunday we had a very detailed discussion in our Zoom meet-up on the resistor wire and the cranking and ignition system, I consulted ChatGPT and gave it the 1963 Shop manual and asked (prompted) with…Continue

Blog Posts

Authenticity Manual

Posted by Dennis P. DiBari on August 27, 2026 at 12:45pm 2 Comments

Hi Robert,

     I emailed you more pictures for the Authenticity Manual.

Dennis DiBari

1963 RHS A/C kick panel - photos needed

Posted by SK on June 2, 2025 at 2:20pm 2 Comments

Could someone post front and back photos of the 1963 right-hand kick panel with A/C?

My car didn’t come with the original kick panels, so it's a bit of a mystery to me how I should cut the backing board and carpet to fit around the A/C.

Many thanks,

-Samu

'63 Tailfin Tales

Posted by Mark Mata on February 22, 2025 at 5:00pm 9 Comments

New old stock seat material

Posted by Ray Schick on August 22, 2024 at 6:25pm 2 Comments

I bought this seat material thinking that it’s…

Continue

Videos

  • Add Videos
  • View All

© 2026   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service