2023 Cadillac & LaSalle Club Grand National
Albuequerque, New Mexico
for more details and to register
I have been doing a lot of maintenance and cleaning on the 2013 Escalade EXT to get ready for the drive from NC to NM for the 2013 Grand National. Next year the plan is to finally take the 1964 Coupe de Ville Dino to Gettysburg. I have a lot to do to get ready, but hope I will have it ready.
Here are some things I have done to the 2013 EXT in the last week:
- replace radiator - small leak
- flush & replace coolant
- flush & replace transfer case oil
- new transmission filter, gasket & fluid
- new outer tie rods
- front end alignment
- rotate tires
- replace broken left rear lock box cover hinge
- new center console top lid cover
- replace almost all split wire loom in the engine compartment.
- new brake rotors and pads, and one caliper
- deep clean interior and exterior.
- Meguiars Ultimate Compound Polish on all painted areas (will finish up today when I do door jambs)
Still to do:
- On Order Arriving tomorrow to replace: midgate lower hinge cover
- On Order arriving tomorrow to replace: Console rear cover with AC/Heat Vents (vents broke on one side)
- Meguiars Ultimate Wax on all painted areas
- lean chrome wheels.
- may go under the vehicle for more cleaning and detailing. It is pretty clean and this is just being judged in Touring so don't really need it perfect just clean.
- and with a 2400 mile trip, I will be doing a lot of recleaning once there.
This is again a precursor to next year when I hope to take the 64.
Here's my travel itinerary to Albuquerque.
TOTAL MILES TO GN: 2,480 vs 1,768 direct drive.
June 10: Travel to Moyock, NC, 152 miles, 3 hrs
June 10-12: visit aunt, & cousins
June 12: Travel to Chattanooga, 665 miles, 9 hrs 30 minutes
June 12-14: visit aunt & uncle and cousin
June 14: Travel to Orange, TX, 707 miles, 10 hrs
June 14-16: Visit aunt & uncle & cousin
June 16: Travel to Dallas, 307 miles, 4.75 hrs
June 16-17: Stay in Dallas, deliver gas tank!
June 17: Travel to Albuquerque, 649 miles, 9 hrs
June 17-25: Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North for Cadillac & LaSalle Club Grand National.
June 20: Cheryl flies into Albuquerque
June 25: Cheryl flies home
June 25 to ??: Jason drives back to NC… ROUTE UNKNOWN!!!!
Looks like we will have about 25 to 30 Chapter Members stopping by for our June 22 Chapter Meet-Up. Here is a list of Chapter members attending the Grand National:
|& Cheryl Edge|
|& Martina Butler|
|& Cynthia Rutledge|
|Ken & Rosie Karrer|
|Rob Leonard & Wife|
|Becky & Mike Maung|
|Doug & Elaine Meloan|
|Larry & Emma Rees|
|Brian & Lesli Wiseman|
Up to about 20 Chapter Members on hand for the 2023 Grand National So Far. It will be a nice size gathering!
I sent out an email to all Chapter Member yesterday asking who will be attending the Albuquerque Grand National and so far we have a dozen going and expect more. As fun as it is to join up on the website, or the monthly Zoom meet-up, there is nothing like in person get togethers! If you are not a member of the CLC, sign-up today and come join the fun in Albuquerque and attend our Chapter Meet-Up Thursday, June 22.
You need to be a member of 63/64 Cadillac Website to add comments!
Join 63/64 Cadillac Website