Hey guys,

       Has there been any recent movement or progress regarding an authenticity manual for our 63-64 cars?

Thanks and happy motoring!

Ken Karrer

CenTex CLC Reg. Dir.

Views: 427

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Director of Technical Services (and Chief Judge) Bill Anderson stated he had a new person to head the 63/64 Cadillac Authenticity Manual at the 2019 (Feb) Winter Board meeting. I have not heard any new updates, including out our online Board Meeting on June 13. 

Thanks Jason.  I sure like that Beldon Blue 63 CDV on Hemmings.  I've been watching it for some time now.  My convertible is so original and with so few miles that I'm thinking I might want to sell it and get the CDV with AC.  It's a fresh resto and if he's negotiable on price... Have you seen that car?

Take care and Happy July 4th!

Ken

I may have seen it if it has been posted for a while but don't recall it right now. Can you post a link?

Sure.  Here it is. I'd be interested in your opinion.  Many of the details that some restorers don't attend to have been addressed

https://www.hemmings.com/auction/1963-cadillac-coupe-deville?utm_me...

Very nice, and nicely detailed. Anyone would be proud to own this car. It will be interesting to see what bidding goes up to?

I see the car is up th 38.5K wiith 2+ days left.

Wow! It sold for $53,550! 

I saw it up to 40 something the last time I checked! That's impressive.

I've checked a number of value guides, but #1 1963 DeVilles top out at less than 35k.  Bucket seats would help, but not much.  No doubt there's much more money in it than that.  The chrome bill alone on my last several restorations has exceeded 20k. Quality of the restoration and color will help.  On my last trip to Kissimmee this January, the very well done resto mod early and mid 60's Cadillacs were selling for an astounding amount, but it appears that the original cars are just holding value.

Happy 4th,

Ken

RSS

Photos

  • Add Photos
  • View All

Forum

Take heads off for rebuild

Started by Ian Arnold in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Kurt on Saturday. 13 Replies

Compression test 15 years ago was good. Not a lot of miles since then. Summer car.Last year had a oil pressure issue. Found an aluminum flake had stuck open oil pressure relief valve. (Low pressure…Continue

1963 Dashboard With Autronic Eye Hole

Started by Earl R in For Sale. Last reply by Earl R on Friday. 4 Replies

I bought this from a yard in Washington state.  I was told it was pulled and kept inside as soon as the car came in. I was going to dye and install it in my '63 Eldorado but sold the car.  Please see…Continue

Tags: Dash

Congratulations Logan Robb!

Started by Jason Edge in Chapter Discussion. Last reply by Dennis P. DiBari Sep 24. 1 Reply

A Big Congratulations to 63-64 Chapter member Logan Robb with his October 2026 The Self-Starter cover story featuring his 1964 Fleetwood 60 Special.Way to go, Logan!!…Continue

October, November, December 1962 Serviceman Bulletins Rescanned & Uploaded

Started by Jason Edge in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion Sep 16. 0 Replies

Some time back I started rescanning the Serviceman Bulletins starting with October 1962 and the October Supplement as it was the month the 1963 Cadillac was introduced. I scanned November and let…Continue

Blog Posts

Authenticity Manual

Posted by Dennis P. DiBari on August 27, 2026 at 12:45pm 2 Comments

Hi Robert,

     I emailed you more pictures for the Authenticity Manual.

Dennis DiBari

1963 RHS A/C kick panel - photos needed

Posted by SK on June 2, 2025 at 2:20pm 2 Comments

Could someone post front and back photos of the 1963 right-hand kick panel with A/C?

My car didn’t come with the original kick panels, so it's a bit of a mystery to me how I should cut the backing board and carpet to fit around the A/C.

Many thanks,

-Samu

'63 Tailfin Tales

Posted by Mark Mata on February 22, 2025 at 5:00pm 9 Comments

New old stock seat material

Posted by Ray Schick on August 22, 2024 at 6:25pm 2 Comments

I bought this seat material thinking that it’s…

Continue

Videos

  • Add Videos
  • View All

© 2026   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service