All Discussions Tagged 'manifold' (8)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Exhaust manifold: Repair, replace or headers?

My newly acquired '64 Coupe DeVille suffers from a cracked right side exhaust manifold. It looks like my options are limited to rolling the…

Started by Dutch Dickinsen

10 Sep 14
Reply by Tony and Ginny 429

Intake mainfold

Hi friends, does have anybody a good 1964 (429 cui) intake manifold for sale? Mine has two cracks :( Christian

Started by Christian Doerk

2 May 11
Reply by Christian Doerk

Painting exhaust manifold with ceramic paint

Was watching Wheeler Dealers and they worked on an 1963 Sunbeam Alpine. Took the exhaust manifold to a paint shop where it was blasted, pai…

Started by Anders

5 Apr 26, 2018
Reply by Anders

Installing exhaust flex pipe to reduce vibration on manifold?

After checking my Fleetwood for the upcoming season and our Cadillac Club meeting in May unfortunately I found three!! 1 to 1 ½ inch cracks…

Started by Christian Doerk

2 Apr 23, 2018
Reply by Christian Doerk

The 64-429 intake manifold mystery

I find it interesting that Cadillac raised the intake manifold over the engine block ( air space around it ) making it a bit of a high rise…

Started by Tony and Ginny 429

5 Nov 29, 2017
Reply by Clovis

64 intake manifold for sale for 429

Manifold in good condition. $250.00 obo . Email me at jwheeler@wheeler-defusco.com

Started by jeremy wheeler

0 Jan 7, 2016

Intake manifold for sale

Intake manifold that fits the 63 and 64. No cracks in the exh runner, and choke tube is not cracked. A mount lug web is cracked, but that d…

Started by Russ Austin

2 Oct 3, 2015
Reply by Russ Austin

64 Fleetwood 429 Block Issues

Guys, Has anyone ever experienced fixing a block that has one bad cylinder, by just having that cylinder sleeved and replacing that cylinde…

Started by David Salib

4 Sep 30, 2014
Reply by William Cameron

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Rear glass

Started by David Stapp in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 9 hours ago. 9 Replies

anyone know of a company that makes the rear glass for our cars? I can’t seem to find any. 1964 4 door 4 window hard top.…Continue

front engine pulley removal

Started by tom servas in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by tom servas 10 hours ago. 7 Replies

Am removing the front cover on our 64 engine with AC. Have all 6 bolts that hold the pulley onto the damper removed, can wiggle the pulley BUT it will not come fully off the damper, Is there…Continue

Where can I buy resistance wire for my 1963?

Started by Tim Walterson in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Russ Austin 15 hours ago. 3 Replies

Hello - just signed up for this forum - looks like a great resource!  I perused the posts and did some searches.  I see most of the posts related to my questions are about doing away with resistance…Continue

Blog Posts

Is there a separate Starter Relay, or does the Solenoid serve that purpose?

Posted by Norman Silverman on August 30, 2019 at 5:57pm 7 Comments

Hello All.

I will be replacing the starter solenoid tomorrow (actually my mechanic will do the work, I'll just supervise). In checking the FSM electrical schematic and chapter verbiage, I don't see anything that looks like (or is referred to as) a starter Relay. It seems the Starter Solenoid serves the function and there's no separate relay. Right or Wrong?

If wrong, where…

Continue

Starter Solenoid replacement-how difficult? Where to buy?

Posted by Norman Silverman on August 20, 2019 at 8:24pm 8 Comments

Hello All.

I believe the starter solenoid has gone bad in my 64 DeVille. When I turn the key, often all I get is a click, then if I try a few times again the starter turns perfectly. All battery cables are on tight and the battery is good. So, I believe this problem is the solenoid. Where do I buy the right solenoid and is it necessary to remove the starter in order to swap it out? …

Continue

Frame Markings

Posted by Gene McIlroy on August 12, 2019 at 6:26pm 1 Comment

Just got my frame back from powder coating so thought I would post photos of the front and rear frame markings.…

Continue

Lining up the drive shaft

Posted by Dominic Salemi on August 12, 2019 at 5:47pm 2 Comments

Can anyone shed some light on how to position the complete drive shaft in the correct position? I want to make sure my drive shaft is installed properly.

Thanks

Dominic

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service