Chris Codd's Discussions (228)

Discussions Replied To (214) Replies Latest Activity

"That shot of it getting carried away on the crane is wild. RIP but glad to see all t…"

Chris Codd replied Sep 27 to Jason's September 26, 2022 Ramble - Gone Like a '64 Cadillac

2 Sep 27
Reply by Jason Edge

"You really nailed this look. Love the grill and the choice of wheels and whitewalls.…"

Chris Codd replied Aug 23 to Always wanted stock polished wheel covers

13 Aug 24
Reply by Norm Waters

"They're called cax wheel weights."

Chris Codd replied Aug 17 to wheel weights

4 Aug 17
Reply by Sammy

"My '64 convertible got flooded the other week so I just ordered a new carpet. I orde…"

Chris Codd replied Aug 10 to ‘64 Deville Conv. Interior carpet

3 Aug 10
Reply by Chris Codd

"I looked at mine and it has two small plastic pop clips at the bottom holding it in.…"

Chris Codd replied Aug 8 to Replacement of "door pillar seal" on 1964 deville conv

13 Aug 9
Reply by Tony and Ginny 429

"USA Parts is back in business after closing for a short period. I just recently plac…"

Chris Codd replied Aug 8 to Replacement of "door pillar seal" on 1964 deville conv

13 Aug 9
Reply by Tony and Ginny 429

"Do you have the CAX style wheel weights that allow the hubcaps a gap so that they ca…"

Chris Codd replied Aug 1 to hubcap installation

5 Aug 1
Reply by Chris Codd

"That's a lovely color combo. "

Chris Codd replied Jul 12 to Today's 2022 Grand National 1964 Cadillac Spotlight - Larry Rees' 1964 deVille Convertible

1 Jul 12
Reply by Chris Codd

"I need a ritual that does rust repair. "

Chris Codd replied Jun 27 to Midsummer

2 Jun 27
Reply by Chris Codd

"Thanks for confirming that, Russ. I'll try and restore it with the socket still in.…"

Chris Codd replied May 24 to Cornering Light Socket

3 May 26
Reply by Russ Austin

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Wheel alignment data

Started by Sammy in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion 4 hours ago. 0 Replies

Just ordered new tires for my 63. As the front wheels have reasonable wear I want to align them or at least have them aligned, but not sure if the alignment data in our shop manual are still the…Continue

1964 Cadillac neutral safety switch

Started by DAN SPURR in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Russ Austin 11 hours ago. 1 Reply

I'm looking for a 1964 neutral safety switch part # GM1993653. Any one have one for sale or what can I use? Anyone have any solutions?ThanksDanContinue

Weather stripping vendors

Started by Terry Lange in Restoration Discussion. Last reply by Robert Alan Shannon 12 hours ago. 1 Reply

I am getting ready to order roof rail weather stripping and rear door window leading edge seals for my '63 Series 62 6 window sedan model 6229.  I've been on the websites for Rubber The Right Way,…Continue

1964 THM Tilt Neutral Safety Switch

Started by Charles Fares in For Sale. Last reply by DAN SPURR 13 hours ago. 1 Reply

For Sale:Excellent used neutral safety switch for 1964 with THM and tilt steering.  Part number 1993653, or short number "653".  Send me an e-mail: faresmcmthelix@msn.com.Charles FaresLa Mesa,…Continue

Blog Posts

Trunk Open and Lock Mechanism is in Closed Position

Posted by Chris Anderson on September 13, 2022 at 7:14pm 7 Comments

While working on my trunk lock on 64 Cadillac, I mistakenly closed the locking mechanism while the trunk was open.  Is there an easy way to manually release the lock back to the open position?

Thanks.

Fuel Pump Failure

Posted by Jon Shields on August 6, 2022 at 6:48am 4 Comments

Hello,

I'm located in Melbourne, Australia and my 64 sedan de ville is stuck in the garage due to failed mechanical fuel pump. The first after market mechanical fuel pump lasted a few years before it failed & left me stranded 5 hours from home. A hire car and tow got us home. On inspection, I noticed a valve not seated within the housing. I was optimistic, pressed it into place and assumed the pump was good to go. But alas, no. From what I can now determine, the diaphragm pushrod…

Continue

Renovation project 1964 Cadillac Deville convertible

Posted by Balachne on May 31, 2022 at 7:00am 3 Comments

Renovation project 1964 Cadillac Deville convertible

Introduction

To achieve an excellent result of vehicle restoration, it is essential to  manage this task as one manages an industrial project.

To do this we will use a certain formalism of project management and therefore start by defining the need. It is from this that we will deduce the scope, then the time of execution of the…

Continue

I was working on my HVAC system this winter and during the process of taking the dash pad off these two parts fell out. Does anyone know what they are and where they go?

Posted by Patrick Westphal on April 12, 2022 at 1:35pm 1 Comment

I was working on my HVAC system this winter and during the process of taking the dash pad off these two parts fell out. Does anyone know what they are and where they go?

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2022   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service