Jason's Oct 22, 2022 Ramble - Countdown to the CLC National Driving Tour, Another Newsletter & Free Time!

OK. So I got quiet again but for a good reason. In the last few weeks I have been non-stop framing my floor, walls and roof and sheathing the floor walls and roof on my new Dining Room and Pantry House addition.  The lumber and plywood are OK for some rain and weather but not meant for prolonged exposure.  I was up until about 9pm lasting screwing down the last of the 3/4" plywood on the main section (1st picture below) and today I rolled on the 1st coat of asphalt sealer (2nd Picture).  Since I am doing all the work it is a slow but deliberate process that keeps me focused until I can get the roof buttoned up a bit from the rain. It is one of the stage of this addition where I feel compelled to take advantage of every good weather day, hour and minute!   

Picture above of roof sheathing taken around 9pm last night. I generally just get started on these projects when the sun sets as I am a big proponent of large LED lights wherever I need them.

Picture above taken this afternoon after 1st coat of asphalt primer applied to plywood roof sheathing.  With the main section buttoned up from the weather this is the  point I start to breath a little easier, not to mention I can turn my attention to other projects like newsletters, national driving tours, mowing the grass! LOL

A few hours ago I started on our next newsletter which will feature Carl Rossi's drop dead gorgeous 1964 Fleetwood Eldorado. I have already posted one "teaser" picture and share more one more below. This car was at the 2022 Grand National in Chicago and Carl was one of the two new members we signed up. I had wanted to have this newsletter out a month ago but... read that first paragraph! This is just 1 of 136 gorgeous pictures Carl Shared from me. Picking out the cover picture is going to be fun-hard work!  I will have this out sometime in November, hopefully at the beginning of the month! 

Carl Rossi's 1964 Fleetwood Eldorado - Our Next Newsletter Feature!

I will be on my first CLC National Driving Tour from Oct 30 until November 4th as it makes its way from Virginia Beach, down the NC Coastline, and on to Myrtle Beach and Charleston SC. I will be driving my 2013 Escalade EXT and taking advantage of the ocean front hotel rates and arriving at the VA Beach DoubleTree by Hilton on Oct 27.  Dave Rubin, the 2022 NDT Chairman and other on the NDT committee have went out all to make this a busy but fun driving tour. I just received my 23 page driving tour and am amazed at the level of planning and detail!   I hope to do a Jason's NDT Road Ramble as we glide down the East Coast in our Cadillacs.  NC is a fantastic state with Blue Ridge Mountains in the West, and Outerbanks and Coastline on the East, and I am glad our CLC members will take in a bit these lesser known NC areas, along with VA Beach, Myrtle Beach, and Charleston. 

Since I will be on the road 8 days starting Oct 27, I will start planning and packing in the very near future! See you in VA Beach!!!! 

Views: 33

Reply to This

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Troubleshooting drivability

Started by Jordan Johansen-Moe in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Dennis P. DiBari 41 minutes ago. 5 Replies

Hey everyone. Last year I had some trouble keeping the Caddy running. A little backstory, car hadn’t ran in 30 years. Rebuilt the crankshaft. I had it running pretty well for a bit. Even drove it the…Continue

1956 thru 1964 Cadillac , Olds Hydramatic Front pump Part #8619952 Very Good

Started by Doug Scarrow in For Sale 8 hours ago. 0 Replies

Just listed very good 8619952 Cadillac front pump complete.  $160 plus shipping https://www.ebay.com/itm/266805513612Continue

T3 Headlights

Started by Jeff Donaldson in General Discussion. Last reply by Jason Edge 11 hours ago. 1 Reply

Has anyone bought new oem headlights from Lectric Limited? They want $150 for a set of new remanufactured ones. Any advice would be appreciated.JeffContinue

One Busy Day Yesterday!

Started by Jason Edge in General Discussion. Last reply by C. Van Tune on Wednesday. 1 Reply

Very busy day working the parts cars yesterday, pulling engine and transmission out parts car #59, getting parts car #60 off the car hauler, then parts car back up on car hauler for final…Continue

Blog Posts

Loud air moving sound within carb with cleaner removed

Posted by Dave Fehrle on March 23, 2024 at 3:23pm 8 Comments

While checking my Carter carb with engine running, I took the air cleaner off and there was a very loud hissing sound of air. I placed a piece of paper over the carb and it didn’t move up or down, is this normal?

Vintage Air AC

Posted by Chase on March 21, 2024 at 5:55am 0 Comments

Hey everyone, has anybody done a Vintage Air AC/Heat setup in their car? I want to bypass the old vacuum setup and go with a Vintage Air Gen 2 model. Before I get started, does anyone have any experience with this? (Which model to go with, do’s and dont’s, etc.) It looks pretty involved. Any and all info/pics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

accumulator dryer

Posted by CHRIS CARLSON on December 6, 2023 at 10:54am 0 Comments

Who rebuilds original AC  accumulator dryers for 1964 Cadillac? I have been on Classic auto air in Tampa FL wait list for over a year ,  There is one on Old air products web site that looks very similar to the original # 21-4214A but states it fits 1962 Gm cars, The one recommended for a 1964 Cadillac is half the length 21-4215A    What  is everyone using ? I would prefer to be as original as possible. Thanks

'63 Eldorado trumpet horn + 2 standard horns restoration

Posted by Les Eastling on November 15, 2023 at 10:34am 1 Comment

My son, unbeknownst to me, had all three of the horns on our 1963 Eldorado completely restored. We had recently added the Eldorado trumpet horn to the two standard horns and the sound was not very good... we had heard good ones so we knew something was not right... but there was not much we could do to get better sound from the 3 horns. 

There is a restoration service called The Horn Works who my son…

Continue

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service