Wonder what kind of seal goes on the metal PCV pipe under the intake?  It looks like the larger part is kind of a press fit into the manifold but maybe there was a rubber gasket under the bolt that holds it down?

Views: 37

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cork flat ring. It is not the best fit, but it does seal.

Thanks Russ, I'm assuming that's a DIY item?

The gasket is part of an engine rebuild kit. I have not found it separately yet.  But you can make it. The cork material is very thick. 

It may be with the valley pan gasket.   Give Best Gasket a call, they may know.

As seen in the picture below there was a cork gasket between the PCV Return Pipe & Connector and the valve lifter compartment cover. I have a new gasket for $5 + s/h. Under the long screw bolt there was a large washer 1 13/32" wide, 7/64" thick, with 9/32" opening. These were on all 1963 & 1964 Cadillacs.
The Master parts books also lists a smaller washer (9/32" x 5/8" x 1/16") for 1949 to 1962 and 1965 to 1966 Cadillacs, however, I have seen them on very original 1963 and 1964 Cadllacs including an early production relatively low production 1963 I am parting out. 

The picture below shows the PCV return pipe, bolt, pipe to compartment cover gasket, smaller washer, and standard larger washer. If interested in the gasket shoot me an email to jasonedge@nc.rr.com.

The gasket is though Best Gasket. PN 1270 Ventilator tube.  They do not sell through their factory, but through established sellers.  Look at their web site https://bestgasket.com/distributors/#cadillac for a seller and see if they have it or can get it in. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

floor

Started by Planet-automobile in Restoration Discussion. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 9 hours ago. 6 Replies

hi this part of floor is available new? I did not find on the net where I have to look for a used partthank you…Continue

Current 1963/64 Cadillac Listings on eBay

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge 10 hours ago. 0 Replies

To see all 1963/64 Cadillacs Listed on eBay in the USA…Continue

Tags: ebay

Center consoles? Let's see 'em

Started by Tosh Dickenson in General Discussion 13 hours ago. 0 Replies

Would like to add a center console with a place for drinks and maybe a bluetooth receiver.  Anybody here built a console for their Caddy?  I'd love to see them!Continue

help adding fluid to top motor for '64.

Started by john kilbourne in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by john kilbourne 21 hours ago. 5 Replies

Is there a Youtube about this? From what I can learn for other lesser cars, such as they may be, the drill is: remove rear seat bottom and back, remove the plug from the top motor reservoir, use a…Continue

Blog Posts

63 Caddy Horn

Posted by Robert Alan Shannon on May 27, 2020 at 9:25am 9 Comments

Just noticed a 1963  Caddy trumpet horn on Ebay. No part # given but some of his other items are 1963 specific, just throwin this out there, I have no connection to this listing .

Wiring connection help.

Posted by Jimmy Davis on May 24, 2020 at 9:15pm 2 Comments

Can someone help me figure where these connections go? I have a 64 60 special if it matters.…

Continue

Wood grain finally done.

Posted by Jimmy Davis on May 20, 2020 at 4:57pm 3 Comments

After years of wanting to, I finally redid my wood dash paneling on my 64 60s. Not too hard to do either.…

Continue

390 engine replacement needed

Posted by Jason on May 18, 2020 at 7:54pm 1 Comment

I’m looking for a 1963 Cadillac 390 engine that runs. 

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2020   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service