1964 Serviceman Bulletins

• photo
  • photo
  • photo
  • photo
  • photo
  • photo

You need to be a member of 63/64 Cadillac Website to add comments!

Join 63/64 Cadillac Website

Comment by Jason Edge on July 7, 2020 at 11:35am

Tony, they are under Literature tab in header.

Comment by Jason Edge on February 11, 2017 at 4:45pm

- To get all Serviceman Bulletins specifically targeted for the 1963 and 1964 Model Years, you need the Oct to Dec 1962, Jan to Dec 1963, and Jan to Sept 1964 Serviceman Bulletins.

- Supplements were issues sporadically as needed,... not each month. I know there seemed to be quite a few in 1962. I do not believe I added any supplements when I posted the Serviceman Bulletins but can go back and check and post what I have and perhaps others can fill in any blanks. I believe the Cadillac Database lists particular supplements but need to double check.

- The year end indexes are very helpful in quickly When I posted the Oct to Dec 1962 Serviceman Bulletins I did not post the year end indexes as it would point to Serviceman Bulletin Jan to Sept 1962 covering the 1962 Model Year that I had not posted and just felt, since the 1962 Oct to Dec Bulletins were only 20 pages long, it was not needed. I can add the 1962 Year End indexes if that is helpful. I also see the 1963 year end index was not uploaded and can add that also.  The 1964 Year End index was uploaded.

Comment by Jason Edge on February 11, 2017 at 8:59am

The serviceman bulletins for a particular model year start with the October issue of the prior calendar year, so the primary Serviceman Bulletins you will want for a particular model year are the October to September issues. For example, the 1964 model year was introduced in the October 1963 Serviceman Bulletin as seen below:

Comment by Jason Edge on February 3, 2017 at 8:18pm

I found all of my originals on eBay. If none are available create filters to notify you when they are posted. These are great technical addendums to the Shop Manuals and of course a nice historical documentation to add to one's collection.

Comment by Jason Edge on August 30, 2012 at 6:43pm

They have a lot of history of the tweaks and changes for our cars. You will find everthing from the changing of fans on AC cars in 64, to going black on the firewall in 63, to making front seat belts standard in 64, to things like fixing the leaking vent overflow pipe on the gas tank, to seeing truly how problematic that passenger side ashtray latch was with no less than 3 entries in the bulletins trying to get it right. There is a wealth of information there and uncovers some ( not all) mysteries of the production of these cars!  For those interested in these cars they are a wealth of information. These manuals, coupled with the Specfication Manual and of course the "owners manual", will give you a great overview of these cars.

Comment by Jason Edge on August 20, 2012 at 7:19am

Just bumping this up. These are so important to understanding the changes occurring as the 63 & 64 were being produced I may create a new page to link to these. I will load the 63 & 62 bulletins next.

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Current 1963/64 Cadillac Listings on eBay

Started by Jason Edge in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Jason Edge 12 minutes ago. 0 Replies

To see all 1963/64 Cadillacs Listed on eBay in the USA…Continue

Tags: ebay

Pertronix 3 install and resistor wire

Started by Dave Fehrle in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Jason Edge 16 minutes ago. 15 Replies

A few questions on the resistor wire, what color is it in the pic? The yellow/blue or black? And connecting to the ACC on the fuse box seems easiest way to go with the new switched wire, but where…Continue

Cruise control

Started by CHRIS CARLSON in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Mike Travers 2 hours ago. 1 Reply

Is anyone using an aftermarket cruise control on there 64 Cadillac? what brand & model did you purchase?Continue

carter carb paper gaskets

Started by tim sparks in General Discussion 3 hours ago. 0 Replies

had my carter carb on my 63 rebuilt when i got it back rebuilder gave me 2 rochester paper gaskets according to the ones jason sells.will those be a problem putting them on my carter? thanks in…Continue

Blog Posts

accumulator dryer

Posted by CHRIS CARLSON on December 6, 2023 at 10:54am 0 Comments

Who rebuilds original AC  accumulator dryers for 1964 Cadillac? I have been on Classic auto air in Tampa FL wait list for over a year ,  There is one on Old air products web site that looks very similar to the original # 21-4214A but states it fits 1962 Gm cars, The one recommended for a 1964 Cadillac is half the length 21-4215A    What  is everyone using ? I would prefer to be as original as possible. Thanks

'63 Eldorado trumpet horn + 2 standard horns restoration

Posted by Les Eastling on November 15, 2023 at 10:34am 1 Comment

My son, unbeknownst to me, had all three of the horns on our 1963 Eldorado completely restored. We had recently added the Eldorado trumpet horn to the two standard horns and the sound was not very good... we had heard good ones so we knew something was not right... but there was not much we could do to get better sound from the 3 horns.

There is a restoration service called The Horn Works who my son…

Continue

Clock ‘64 DeVille

Posted by Matt Vander Hooven on July 23, 2023 at 7:36pm 2 Comments

Is there still a member in the Detroit area that refurbishes clocks?

Matt VH

Spark Plug Heat Range

Posted by Patrick Westphal on July 7, 2023 at 10:00am 1 Comment

I found a diagram that illustrates the main factor in determining a spark plug heat range that I was trying to describe to you during the chapter get together.

Here it is:

The main factor is the length of the ceramic insulator from the middle of the spark plug to the tip (where the spark happens)

The insulator…