1964 Serviceman Bulletins
  • photo
  • photo
  • photo
  • photo
  • photo
  • photo

You need to be a member of 63/64 Cadillac Website to add comments!

Join 63/64 Cadillac Website

Comment by Tony and Ginny 429 on July 7, 2020 at 8:28pm

Jason

Enjoy

Comment by Jason Edge on July 7, 2020 at 11:35am

Tony, they are under Literature tab in header.

Comment by Tony and Ginny 429 on July 7, 2020 at 10:48am

Jason

Have you loaded the 63 and 62 service bulletins as you indicated you wood and if so where can they be found on the site

Thanks

Enjoy

Comment by Jason Edge on February 11, 2017 at 4:45pm

- To get all Serviceman Bulletins specifically targeted for the 1963 and 1964 Model Years, you need the Oct to Dec 1962, Jan to Dec 1963, and Jan to Sept 1964 Serviceman Bulletins.

- Supplements were issues sporadically as needed,... not each month. I know there seemed to be quite a few in 1962. I do not believe I added any supplements when I posted the Serviceman Bulletins but can go back and check and post what I have and perhaps others can fill in any blanks. I believe the Cadillac Database lists particular supplements but need to double check.

- The year end indexes are very helpful in quickly When I posted the Oct to Dec 1962 Serviceman Bulletins I did not post the year end indexes as it would point to Serviceman Bulletin Jan to Sept 1962 covering the 1962 Model Year that I had not posted and just felt, since the 1962 Oct to Dec Bulletins were only 20 pages long, it was not needed. I can add the 1962 Year End indexes if that is helpful. I also see the 1963 year end index was not uploaded and can add that also.  The 1964 Year End index was uploaded.

Comment by Anders on February 11, 2017 at 3:21pm

Yes I see the point in that. But the index is from January to December. If the Serviceman followed the modell-year it would show on the index? I'm reading the October to December for 1964 and see a lot about the 1965 cars but also for the 1964 models. Not much about 1964 cars in January 1965. Haven't read it all yet, but its enjoyable.

As I did have some supplements I wonder if supplements was issued each month or only on special occasions?

Comment by Jason Edge on February 11, 2017 at 8:59am

The serviceman bulletins for a particular model year start with the October issue of the prior calendar year, so the primary Serviceman Bulletins you will want for a particular model year are the October to September issues. For example, the 1964 model year was introduced in the October 1963 Serviceman Bulletin as seen below:

Comment by Anders on February 11, 2017 at 6:01am

Bought the complete set of 1964 and 1965 Cadillac Serviceman including index and some additional supplements. Total cost 104 USD including shipping. So thought it was good. And it was except that issue July 1964 was missing. Talked to the seller and he wan't aware of that and immediately offered a 10 USD refund.

The supplement included was;

1964: October 20

1965: January 15, August 16, November 15, December 3, and a December 3 pages template for aligning something on the doors.

So if there is a need I can scan the pages necessary and send them to Jason.

Comment by Russ Austin on February 4, 2017 at 11:55am

Opps, the almost complete set will come with the index pages.

Comment by Russ Austin on February 4, 2017 at 11:54am

I have an almost complete set of the 64.  Just missing the month of October and November.

75.00 for the set.     I also have an extra month of January, April, June, and August.  10.00 each.

email me at  russ85747@hotmail.com

Comment by Jason Edge on February 3, 2017 at 8:18pm

I found all of my originals on eBay. If none are available create filters to notify you when they are posted. These are great technical addendums to the Shop Manuals and of course a nice historical documentation to add to one's collection.

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Current 1963/64 Cadillac Listings on eBay

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge 2 hours ago. 1 Reply

To see all 1963/64 Cadillacs Listed on eBay in the USA…Continue

Tags: ebay

Happy Father's Day!

Started by Jason Edge in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 15 hours ago. 1 Reply

Happy Father's Day to my dad, Sam Edge. He was there in the beginning with…Continue

622 nss 63 tilt

Started by Kim K Kaiser in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 yesterday. 7 Replies

Previously, i mentioned the  bu lights didnt work, and conversatiin went to nss.   Mine has the two jumped wire bypass so car will go in drive/start.Got the switch out and the outer tract plastic is…Continue

Timing chain help

Started by Cody in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 on Saturday. 3 Replies

I have the front of my engine taken apart to replace the timing chain and gears. According to the manual it says to remove the cam gear and chain together then the crank gear.I can’t for the life of…Continue

Blog Posts

New vehicle in the club

Posted by Patrick Westphal on June 17, 2021 at 4:00pm 1 Comment

I was successful in getting a vehicle from the New York contact I talked about at the last club meeting. I am still trying to figure out how to post a picture of the vehicle that is tied with this comment so if you see a random picture of a black convertible in a yard, that's me haha.  …

Continue

Torque converter grab when idling in Drive

Posted by Cliff Johnston on June 14, 2021 at 8:47pm 2 Comments

Hi Everyone, been quite a while since i have been on here.

I have had an issue with the idle on my 64 Coupe Deville ever since i have had it.

With the Idle set high enough that it is smooth, but still a nice idle, the RPM seems only slightly too high for the stall of the Torque Converter. And therefore it tends to sit there and grab and lunge a bit. So until now, i have been putting the car in Neutral at the lights to stop this happening.

I've had the car dyno tuned and…

Continue

Can you help? Driveshaft Question....

Posted by Chris on May 30, 2021 at 8:55am 1 Comment

Hello!

Newbie to the group here - we have already found tons of invaluable information on the board, so thanks! We are restoring a 1963 Series 62 Convertible. We are wondering if anyone knows of a source to buy the propellor yoke flange (that bolts to the pinion flange) for the driveshaft? One of our ears partially broke off. Not sure if we can buy just the yoke flange as an aftermarket part, or if it has to be rebuilt by a welder/fab guy? Maybe a salvage yard for a source? Again, any…

Continue

Posted by Robert Pellow on April 19, 2021 at 1:07pm 0 Comments

I just wanted to say a thank you to Kurt for steering me to the tech tips page on V.I.N. locations.  Excellent information.  Thanks a bundle.

Robert Pellow