Yesterday I backed Dino out of the garage, and blasted the winter dust off with the air hose, and did several first of the season cruises around town .... filling it up with gas .... gotta do the mandatory cruise down our little down town once, twice, thrice....! Gotta stretch its legs and shoot out to Interstate 40 for a quick fast blast,,, then back around. Oh, got 2 more packages that missed the PO pick up so might as well do a PO run. Hmmm. The wife Cheryl's home from work ... might as well do a Coupe de Pooch Cruise with her and the Youngin's. So... the season is here... and Dino and the Pooches are ready to Let the Good Times Roll!

Views: 930

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hmm, snowing another inch today.

Was working on the Buick the day before yesterday...

Hey Anders, ol mate, it was so cold ya number plate and one park light froze off.

Geez, you'd 6 or 7 Jack Daniels to fight off the cold. No work will get done, buy hey, you'd have a nice glow up by then. :-)

Preparing the car for Swedish registration. Can't have orange positions lights. Must be white, but turn signal is orange and combined with the position lights...

A switch-back led bulb is possible to use, but the car has two position lights on both sides. So just cutting the cord to the orange position section on the bulb and install a white bulb in the other lamp. I think its stupid, but rules are rules.

In Europe the following applies except if the car was built before 1968 or imported as part of an estate;

Front, orange turn signal and white or yellow position lights.

Rear, orange turn signal and red position and stop lights. My car having red turn signal is a big no no. So it involves a new wire from the brake switch at the pedal, installing orange turn lamps and remove the turn signal from the red brake/position lights.

But it doesn't end with that, there must also be a turn-signal lamp on the side of the car visible from certain angles.

Number plates will be issued when registration is completed. The plates will stay with the car until scrapped or exported.

I once changed out an engine in these conditions.  ONCE!!

After that I decided if I was going to drive old cars on a daily basis I really needed a garage more than another car so I bought that instead. 

I do not envy you Anders but sadly, I have done this very thing thousands of times, garage or not.

Did build a garage of 120 m2 (1300 square feet) in 2001. Met my wife 2002 and she wanted to live in a city...

So sold the "farm" and moved to the city. Love my wife, doesn't love the city. So constantly looking for a  more permanent location for the work and storing of the cars.

The Rolls-Royce just fits in my garage, but no room for work. For the Cadillac I rent a neighbors garage, but can't do any work there.

The Buick is right now on my drive-way. Can't wait for the spring.

Here's some incentive to get that car out this week-end and cruise it until the wheels fall off.

The clips are a YouTube copy and past. Go and burn up a tank of gas, just because you can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1svX08Tbbf8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msMMyL85i9s

Well, we are all squeaky clean and ready for some fun tomorrow.

Last year, some friggin wombat from the council, had all the cars enter via a small dirt road, which was bearable, until some fruit-bat put a water truck over it.

This year, we enter off a different street and have bitumen all the way to the oval. Some numpty finally worked out, we don't like driving in the mud.

Its just before 5am here, as above, the 64 is clean and its been raining on and off all night.

Looks like it will be a wet 30 odd miles or so to the main highway, where its not raining all the way to the venue. Looks like a side of the road chamois job for the car coming up.

Any minute now, I have to wake up the wife so she can be ready for a 6am leave.....Ha, a woman ready on time, never gunna happen.

I might use the broom handle to give her a poke in the ribs and break that nice slumber she's enjoying. She's not an early morning person by a long shot, it would be safer to sneak up behind a cranky black grizzly bear and give him a good swift kick in the nuts. The result will be the same, shin and hair everywhere, growling, being chased down and hurt badly.

Oh well, time to wake her, then head outside and pack the esky and think about burning up some gas. Redland's Rockabilly Revival..... here we come. :-)

The lifts are really awesome. The best I have bought. Mobile and can be used in front or rear. Or two pairs to lift the car really high.

https://youtu.be/BadStE7uOlk

Don't know where you buy them in the States. But called wheel ramps in Sweden.

https://verktygsboden.se/hjulramper/hydrauliska-hjulramper-1500-kg

4000 SEK = 450 USD

Don't know the name except PELA, but that woun't help you much. Think its made in China.

Yeah Tony, it was this same run last year when we broke the piston 200 metres from home.

Last year, we did Greazefest in August as well, but we'll be in the USA this year when it rolls around. I do a write-up later on on the event.

A couple of pics from the Rockabilly revival..... I was a bit of a dunce and forgot to take very many.

The wife really, really liked the rat rod... so did i.

Johnny VooDoo did my hair for me while we were there. What a top bloke.

It rained on and off all the way there, while we were there and all he way home.

The Fleetwood was really clean before we left too. you can see the raindrops in the pic.

But ya know what, 310 miles on an average day in a 64 Cadillac is better than sitting at home picking ya toes.

Click on the pics for the full size.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Replacement 63 Radiator Recommendations

Started by Mike Travers in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Matti Roth yesterday. 1 Reply

My 61 year old radiator sprung a leak (actually a few leaks). What are you guys using as replacements? Are you replacing with copper or aluminum? How many rows are you running in the radiator? How's…Continue

T-3 low beam headlight

Started by Jeff Donaldson in Wanted to Buy yesterday. 0 Replies

Hi,I need one T-3 low beam headlight if anyone has a spare they would like to sell.CheersJeffContinue

1958 thru 1964 Cadillac Jetaway Front Coupling Unit Complete

Started by Doug Scarrow in For Sale on Sunday. 0 Replies

just listed https://www.ebay.com/itm/266787800087Correct complete front unit coupling fits 1958 thru 1964 Cadillacs Hydramatic transmission The…Continue

Blog Posts

Loud air moving sound within carb with cleaner removed

Posted by Dave Fehrle on March 23, 2024 at 3:23pm 8 Comments

While checking my Carter carb with engine running, I took the air cleaner off and there was a very loud hissing sound of air. I placed a piece of paper over the carb and it didn’t move up or down, is this normal?

Vintage Air AC

Posted by Chase on March 21, 2024 at 5:55am 0 Comments

Hey everyone, has anybody done a Vintage Air AC/Heat setup in their car? I want to bypass the old vacuum setup and go with a Vintage Air Gen 2 model. Before I get started, does anyone have any experience with this? (Which model to go with, do’s and dont’s, etc.) It looks pretty involved. Any and all info/pics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

accumulator dryer

Posted by CHRIS CARLSON on December 6, 2023 at 10:54am 0 Comments

Who rebuilds original AC  accumulator dryers for 1964 Cadillac? I have been on Classic auto air in Tampa FL wait list for over a year ,  There is one on Old air products web site that looks very similar to the original # 21-4214A but states it fits 1962 Gm cars, The one recommended for a 1964 Cadillac is half the length 21-4215A    What  is everyone using ? I would prefer to be as original as possible. Thanks

'63 Eldorado trumpet horn + 2 standard horns restoration

Posted by Les Eastling on November 15, 2023 at 10:34am 1 Comment

My son, unbeknownst to me, had all three of the horns on our 1963 Eldorado completely restored. We had recently added the Eldorado trumpet horn to the two standard horns and the sound was not very good... we had heard good ones so we knew something was not right... but there was not much we could do to get better sound from the 3 horns. 

There is a restoration service called The Horn Works who my son…

Continue

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service