1964 Serviceman Bulletins
  • photo

You need to be a member of 63/64 Cadillac Website to add comments!

Join 63/64 Cadillac Website

Comment by Anders on February 3, 2017 at 1:40pm

Is it possible to buy a proper copy of the complete 1964 serviceman bulletin? Even though I can print a black/white copy myself its not the same thing as having an original.

Comment by Jason Edge on August 30, 2012 at 6:43pm

They have a lot of history of the tweaks and changes for our cars. You will find everthing from the changing of fans on AC cars in 64, to going black on the firewall in 63, to making front seat belts standard in 64, to things like fixing the leaking vent overflow pipe on the gas tank, to seeing truly how problematic that passenger side ashtray latch was with no less than 3 entries in the bulletins trying to get it right. There is a wealth of information there and uncovers some ( not all) mysteries of the production of these cars!  For those interested in these cars they are a wealth of information. These manuals, coupled with the Specfication Manual and of course the "owners manual", will give you a great overview of these cars.

Comment by David Murray on August 30, 2012 at 5:21pm

These are really very interesting......didn't spot them on the old site at all. The little bit I've read so far indicates how minor modifications and tweaks were regularly being introduced throughout model years, identifiable by engine number....very interesting.

Comment by Jason Edge on August 20, 2012 at 7:19am

Just bumping this up. These are so important to understanding the changes occurring as the 63 & 64 were being produced I may create a new page to link to these. I will load the 63 & 62 bulletins next.

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Chapter Member? Got a 63 or 64 Cadillac for Sale? Let's Run it in the Newsletter!

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge 7 hours ago. 4 Replies

One of the new features of recent newsletters is a Member Classified Cars for Sale section.…Continue

vacuum canister

Started by Walt Timmerman in General Discussion. Last reply by Rob Shatsnider 12 hours ago. 15 Replies

what is the vacuum canister for that is behind the drivers front fender?After removing my fender I see its got a hole in the top but nothing is hooked to it and no line is laying there.Any help would…Continue

New Batch of Embroidered Iron-On 1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Patches - $4 each

Started by Jason Edge in Chapter Discussion. Last reply by mark zimmerman 17 hours ago. 10 Replies

As noted in our August 1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Newsletter:Around 6 years…Continue

Tags: Available, Patches, Chapter, Cadillac, 1963/64

63 coupedebille fuel pump issues

Started by Daniel Grande in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Daniel Grande yesterday. 9 Replies

I have a 63 cadillac and I took it to a mechanic for a motor tune up long story short the fuel pump gave out and hes tried twice to order it and he says it didnt fit the original pump is smaller on…Continue

Blog Posts

New vehicle in the club

Posted by Patrick Westphal on June 17, 2021 at 4:00pm 1 Comment

I was successful in getting a vehicle from the New York contact I talked about at the last club meeting. I am still trying to figure out how to post a picture of the vehicle that is tied with this comment so if you see a random picture of a black convertible in a yard, that's me haha.  …

Continue

Torque converter grab when idling in Drive

Posted by Cliff Johnston on June 14, 2021 at 8:47pm 2 Comments

Hi Everyone, been quite a while since i have been on here.

I have had an issue with the idle on my 64 Coupe Deville ever since i have had it.

With the Idle set high enough that it is smooth, but still a nice idle, the RPM seems only slightly too high for the stall of the Torque Converter. And therefore it tends to sit there and grab and lunge a bit. So until now, i have been putting the car in Neutral at the lights to stop this happening.

I've had the car dyno tuned and…

Continue

Can you help? Driveshaft Question....

Posted by Chris on May 30, 2021 at 8:55am 1 Comment

Hello!

Newbie to the group here - we have already found tons of invaluable information on the board, so thanks! We are restoring a 1963 Series 62 Convertible. We are wondering if anyone knows of a source to buy the propellor yoke flange (that bolts to the pinion flange) for the driveshaft? One of our ears partially broke off. Not sure if we can buy just the yoke flange as an aftermarket part, or if it has to be rebuilt by a welder/fab guy? Maybe a salvage yard for a source? Again, any…

Continue

Posted by Robert Pellow on April 19, 2021 at 1:07pm 0 Comments

I just wanted to say a thank you to Kurt for steering me to the tech tips page on V.I.N. locations.  Excellent information.  Thanks a bundle.

Robert Pellow