Restoration Discussion (361)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Propeller Shaft - Constant Velocity Universal Joints repair

Had some weird vibration type / scraping noice from the rear axle. Replaced the wheel bearings last year but the sound still remained. Kne…

Started by Anders

17 Apr 18
Reply by Kim K Kaiser

My 64 Sedan Deville body reparations

Several areas in my 64 SDV body need repair and attention. Front bumbers, grille and lights came separately with the car. There is one bigg…

Started by Matti Roth

20 Apr 10
Reply by Tony and Ginny 429

64 TH400 refresh

Next task with my 64 DeVille project is to check TH400 condition. Gearbox came with the car but was already removed. It is 64 but not poss…

Started by Matti Roth

36 Apr 3

Ground Strap Locations

We often have discussions regarding the location of ground straps and the fact they can often cause electrical failure when not attached or…

Started by Jason Edge

7 Mar 31
Reply by Jason Edge

Flat speed nut for two post letters

Where can I find flat speed nuts that can fit over letters that have two posts.  Or is there some other type of speed nut that I could use.…

Started by Rob Shatsnider

1 Mar 17
Reply by Russ Austin

ac blower motor

hey guys i am in the process of getting my engine bay back together and just installed the ac blower motor back on the firewall. my questio…

Started by Chris miller

2 Feb 26
Reply by Chris miller

Dowel pins for the block

Has anyone replaced these that has had their engine rebuilt? Is there a supplier? Thank you.

Started by Sam

7 Feb 12
Reply by Matti Roth

Replacement Rear Trailing Arms

Hello all, I haven't been on the forum for quite a while and do wish you all well. I would like to thank all of you who have purchased repl…

Started by Dan McNarry

7 Nov 23, 2021

Engine and tranny seals

Hey guys. Im going to be pulling my engine and tranny out soon. Theres some leaks on my engine and tranny. The main reason for this is beca…

Started by Klutch

59 Nov 4, 2021
Reply by Jason Edge

Unknown part, maybe the last one?

Hi thanks to great help from chapter members I am getting my 64 Deville ready, slowly but surely. There is only one part still unclear, or…

Started by Matti Roth

1 Sep 17, 2021
Reply by Jason Edge

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

64 Coupe deVille convertible

Started by Fab in For Sale. Last reply by Fab 1 hour ago. 6 Replies

Great condition, car is a driver, not a show car, but can be one with not much more work. Laundry list of items that have been updated, refreshed, rebuilt, etc. Reach out for details, too much to…Continue

Question about the 1963 Hydramatic Oil-Filter

Started by Stefan in General Discussion. Last reply by Russ Austin 3 hours ago. 12 Replies

Hello everyone,Has anyone of you ever opened the transmission filter and can tell me whether there is filter fabric in there or a metal screen, that can be washed out? The number on the transmission…Continue

Current 1963/64 Cadillac Listings on eBay

Started by Jason Edge in For Sale. Last reply by Jason Edge 3 hours ago. 1 Reply

To see all 1963/64 Cadillacs Listed on eBay in the USA…Continue

Tags: ebay

Head casting numbers

Started by Shep2 in General Discussion. Last reply by Russ Austin 15 hours ago. 1 Reply

Hi,  My LH cylinder head is cracked.  Casting number is 1473449.  I noticed in the part number book it lists two casting numbers.  Does anyone know if that means 1473449 and 1468025 are…Continue

Blog Posts

Fuel Pump Failure

Posted by Jon Shields on August 6, 2022 at 6:48am 3 Comments

Hello,

I'm located in Melbourne, Australia and my 64 sedan de ville is stuck in the garage due to failed mechanical fuel pump. The first after market mechanical fuel pump lasted a few years before it failed & left me stranded 5 hours from home. A hire car and tow got us home. On inspection, I noticed a valve not seated within the housing. I was optimistic, pressed it into place and assumed the pump was good to go. But alas, no. From what I can now determine, the diaphragm pushrod…

Continue

Renovation project 1964 Cadillac Deville convertible

Posted by Balachne on May 31, 2022 at 7:00am 3 Comments

Renovation project 1964 Cadillac Deville convertible

Introduction

To achieve an excellent result of vehicle restoration, it is essential to  manage this task as one manages an industrial project.

To do this we will use a certain formalism of project management and therefore start by defining the need. It is from this that we will deduce the scope, then the time of execution of the…

Continue

I was working on my HVAC system this winter and during the process of taking the dash pad off these two parts fell out. Does anyone know what they are and where they go?

Posted by Patrick Westphal on April 12, 2022 at 1:35pm 1 Comment

I was working on my HVAC system this winter and during the process of taking the dash pad off these two parts fell out. Does anyone know what they are and where they go?

1964 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Convertible Speedometer Bulbs

Posted by Russell L Parr on April 1, 2022 at 9:15pm 6 Comments

I need to replace the bulbs for the speedometer cluster in my instrument panel..

Before I open up the dash, I want to have the necessary bulbs on hand.

Can someone help me determine what bulbs I need, the number of bulbs I need,  and where to purchase them?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2022   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service