after a lot of work on my brakes - new cylinder, hardware, shoes, hoses, going back to old drums,
the car still drags to one side. Does this for years now, but I hoped to get rid of it after all is new / changed.
When starting the engine and every part is cool the car brakes perfectly, totally straight.
Once the car heats up it drags to the left heavily, even if I didn't brake a lot.
So my thought was: The brake line to the front right is very close to the exhaust flange.
Maybe I have a problem that it heats up the brake line and fluid too much and so
braking power decreases on the right?
Did somebody have this problem and maybe a heat shield around the brake line would help?
Yes as I wrote I did all this, alignment several times, brake in new shoes etc etc
If the alignment wasn't correct it would drag to one side at any time, if cold or warmed up.
But it brakes perfectly straight when brakes are cool and escpecially when engine and exhaust are cool.
The problem I got is when the engine heats up - not necessarily when the brakes are hot.
Not temperature of the drums and shoes is the issue, braking fluid seems to be boiling when its heated up by exhaust.
Yesterday I went to a shop for motorsport and they recommended some heat shield around brake line near exhaust manifold.
Maybe it's not at a proper position anymore.
Think I will give it a try.
Just reposition the brake line.
Sorry I didn't want to offend you in any way.
Like I wrote I changed brake parts several times, even wheel bearings and all springs.
Did a lot of adjustment, even taken the automatic adjuster out on the side it drags too.
But as it changes once the car heats up there has to be another issue, maybe the brake lines don't sit properly anymore as they should be so the problem with overheating brake fluid occurs.
As I only got a simple floor jack it's not that easy for me to relocate them and if they bent I have a major issue here in my area in Germany - the shops around here are not familiar with this kind of work.
I'll try it with a heat shield and if this helps I can rent a lifting platform and try to relocate them.
I never had an issue like this before in all over 30 years working on my cars, but I hope to get it fixed this way.