Trivia (19)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New Trivia Forum Created - www.trivia.6364cadillac.com

I have created a new separate forum for Trivia and moved all 10 previous Trivia questions I have posted to it. I also created an easy to re…

Started by Jason Edge

0 Jan 5, 2018

Trivia Question 9 - Top 5 States with Most New Cadillac Registrations in 1963?

OK.. time for trivial. Kinda related to another post some of us have been following, name the Top 5 States with the Most New Cadillac Regis…

Started by Jason Edge

20 Jan 4, 2018
Reply by Kevin Campbell

Trivia Question 8 - What is A ......

- What is an Idle Spoil Port and what is it's purpose? - What is it used in conjunction with?- For EXTRA CREDIT (and more cigars) provide d…

Started by Jason Edge

14 Jan 2, 2018
Reply by Tony and Ginny 429

Trivia Question 7 - Front Engine Cover

In addition to serving as the front engine cover, the 1963/64 Cadillac front engine cover also provides mounting for several other engine c…

Started by Jason Edge

18 Dec 31, 2017
Reply by Robert Alan Shannon

Trivia Question 6 - Weight of Rear End Assembly

I think Kevin wanted some more trivia so here is one I can give you from parts end of things. Looking at the rear end assembly below, what…

Started by Jason Edge

30 Dec 21, 2017
Reply by Michael Long

Trivia Question 5 - 1964 Cadillacs with Tilt Steering

Trivia Question #5: What Percentage of 1964 Model Year Cadillacs came with Tilt Steering?

Started by Jason Edge

13 Nov 27, 2017
Reply by Jason Edge

Trivia Question 4 - 1964 Cadillacs with AC

Trivia Question #4: What Percentage of 1964 Model Year Cadillacs came with AC? (Hint: from Trivia Question #1, 66.0 % of 1963 Model Year C…

Started by Jason Edge

9 Nov 25, 2017
Reply by Jason Edge

Trivia Question 3 - What is a "Dash Pad" Called?

Trivia Question #3: I think most of us call it a dash pad today, but what does Cadillac call it in the Shop Manual? (Need complete name)

Started by Jason Edge

7 Nov 23, 2017

Trivia Question 1 - 1963 Cadillacs with AC

Thought I might throw some trivia questions out there starting with one I think was posted a couple years back.  Trivia Question #1: What …

Started by Jason Edge

35 Nov 22, 2017

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Rear glass

Started by David Stapp in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 9 hours ago. 9 Replies

anyone know of a company that makes the rear glass for our cars? I can’t seem to find any. 1964 4 door 4 window hard top.…Continue

front engine pulley removal

Started by tom servas in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by tom servas 10 hours ago. 7 Replies

Am removing the front cover on our 64 engine with AC. Have all 6 bolts that hold the pulley onto the damper removed, can wiggle the pulley BUT it will not come fully off the damper, Is there…Continue

Where can I buy resistance wire for my 1963?

Started by Tim Walterson in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Russ Austin 15 hours ago. 3 Replies

Hello - just signed up for this forum - looks like a great resource!  I perused the posts and did some searches.  I see most of the posts related to my questions are about doing away with resistance…Continue

Blog Posts

Is there a separate Starter Relay, or does the Solenoid serve that purpose?

Posted by Norman Silverman on August 30, 2019 at 5:57pm 7 Comments

Hello All.

I will be replacing the starter solenoid tomorrow (actually my mechanic will do the work, I'll just supervise). In checking the FSM electrical schematic and chapter verbiage, I don't see anything that looks like (or is referred to as) a starter Relay. It seems the Starter Solenoid serves the function and there's no separate relay. Right or Wrong?

If wrong, where…

Continue

Starter Solenoid replacement-how difficult? Where to buy?

Posted by Norman Silverman on August 20, 2019 at 8:24pm 8 Comments

Hello All.

I believe the starter solenoid has gone bad in my 64 DeVille. When I turn the key, often all I get is a click, then if I try a few times again the starter turns perfectly. All battery cables are on tight and the battery is good. So, I believe this problem is the solenoid. Where do I buy the right solenoid and is it necessary to remove the starter in order to swap it out? …

Continue

Frame Markings

Posted by Gene McIlroy on August 12, 2019 at 6:26pm 1 Comment

Just got my frame back from powder coating so thought I would post photos of the front and rear frame markings.…

Continue

Lining up the drive shaft

Posted by Dominic Salemi on August 12, 2019 at 5:47pm 2 Comments

Can anyone shed some light on how to position the complete drive shaft in the correct position? I want to make sure my drive shaft is installed properly.

Thanks

Dominic

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service