Several areas in my 64 SDV body need repair and attention. Front bumbers, grille and lights came separately with the car. There is one bigger rust damage behind passenger side front wheel. Windscreen has damage but I probably could pass MOT like it is now. Front bench fabric was badly broken in driver`s area. And many small things here and there.
I started by removing everything from trunk, and it was in quite original condition. Luckily no rust problems, only some brown old glue here and there. I vacuumed parts ajd put them back. Trunk fabric needs to be glued properly in place some day.
Seat and carpets were removed when I got the car. I removed covers from seats, bought correct material from SMS and gave then to upholstery shop. Rear seat needs nothing but cleaning.
I cleaned the floor and gave it Bill Hirch Miracle Paint treatment. Carpets could cleaned somehow deeper, need to find a way for that.
Carpets have original padding under them but additionally there is a bunch a pieces of padding which should go between the floor and the carpet. And two black longer pieces as well! But which one goes where? This is like a big puzzle!!
So very glad that the body is very solid —and a good one to be throwing money at —-for that reason
Many of our year cars will have rust on the passenger side because above that is were the AC evaporator core is located in 64 ( condensation there )
Always thought if would be good to treat the inside of that fender with a water proof coating of some kind if those circumstances should arise at some time
Keeping a eye on your progress
Just reviewed the 64 Service Manual regarding the Turbo trans so I have a better understanding of the parts you are working with and there location
I would recommend using some good sound deadening material on the cars floors to improve the feel of the luxury ride only if quite is your chosen direction
You do Nice work
Almost ready for a spin around the block !
I did not notice Cadillac crest there. These are original seats in the back.
For front seats I ordered fabric from SMS, took about 4-5 months. They said that this fabric had ran out and they had to make a new batch.
Very nice stock looking interior brought back to its second life
Very Nice work !