Ronnie Lay's Discussions (109)

Discussions Replied To (98) Replies Latest Activity

"I have used Dorman 3100, also Lares 201 for 64 non tilt."

Ronnie Lay replied Apr 25 to Steering Gear Lining Up Pitman Arm & Steering Column

5 Apr 25
Reply by Ronnie Lay

"Both the Pittman arm and steering column have flats or splines to align them, just m…"

Ronnie Lay replied Apr 22 to Steering Gear Lining Up Pitman Arm & Steering Column

5 Apr 25
Reply by Ronnie Lay

"I'd be interested and as word keeps getting around that what bushings are currently…"

Ronnie Lay replied Mar 24 to Polyurethane Replacement Trailing Arm Bushings

51 Apr 11
Reply by Jason Edge

"I do all my own alignments with this set available on Amazon and Summit Racing for $…"

Ronnie Lay replied Feb 2 to How to adjust strut rod.

8 Feb 2
Reply by Dave Schneider

"Steering gear on my 64 Sedan Deville was leaking, tried a rebuilt unit, it was junk,…"

Ronnie Lay replied Oct 16, 2019 to STEERING GEAR

14 Oct 23, 2019
Reply by Jason Edge

"I've had mine for years and bought them off a Snap-On truck. You might try the evil…"

Ronnie Lay replied Sep 18, 2019 to Power Steering Hose Nut

10 Sep 19, 2019
Reply by Jason Edge

"I have a set of these 12 point crows feet that work great for these applications. "

Ronnie Lay replied Sep 18, 2019 to Power Steering Hose Nut

10 Sep 19, 2019
Reply by Jason Edge

"I used this when I installed my Fleetwood letters, worked great, used to install all…"

Ronnie Lay replied Aug 29, 2019 to 1964 Fleetwood Letters installation

4 Aug 30, 2019
Reply by Markus R.

"It will probably be sometime in the fall when I will be able to swap out the rear li…"

Ronnie Lay replied Jun 10, 2019 to Rear trailing arm bushings- premature failure

98 Mar 6
Reply by Dan McNarry

"Left negative feedback at Rare Parts, we'll see if they post it. Personally, I will…"

Ronnie Lay replied Jun 7, 2019 to Rear trailing arm bushings- premature failure

98 Mar 6
Reply by Dan McNarry

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Forum

Bendix Power Brake Unit Power Section

Started by Mathis Richter in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Chris Codd yesterday. 7 Replies

Hi,I have a huge problem my POWER SECTION of the ``Master-VAC Power Brake unit 9´´Diameter ´´ from Bendix is Broken and I can't open it to replace al the rubber parts did some of you have auch Power…Continue

Third brake light -help please.

Started by paul k in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion. Last reply by Jason Edge yesterday. 8 Replies

Did anybody from the club install third brake light in the rear window in his Cadillac? I have problem to figure out how to do it. Can I just run wire from break pedal switch and second wire connect…Continue

Extra speakers in the cadillac.

Started by paul k in 1963/64 Cadillac Specific Discussion yesterday. 0 Replies

Ok, I have another question. Since I will run wire for a brake light I might run speakers wires.I would like to install 2 extra speakers or maybe 4. What is best option. I do have 2 speakers already-…Continue

429 and 400 trans. for sale

Started by Mark C Bills in For Sale. Last reply by Tony and Ginny 429 on Monday. 6 Replies

I have an excellent running 429 with 400 trans.recently removed from my 64. It has electronic ignition, new water pump,new fan and clutch(not pictured),new fuel pump,Holley 650 vac. sec. carb. with…Continue

Blog Posts

1964 Cadillac Fleetwood sixty special / transmission dipstick needed

Posted by Pablo on September 20, 2020 at 9:57pm 1 Comment

How are you doing folks, I’m looking for a transmission dipstick, any info I will appreciated, thank you very much

1963 Cadillac hood driver side hinge

Posted by Steven on September 16, 2020 at 9:23am 1 Comment

Hello,

Does anyone know were I can buy a 1963 Cadillac hood driver side hinge or is there any other hinge that would fit? 

Thanks

Steven

Bad Guage?

Posted by Karl Schwarz on August 26, 2020 at 3:08pm 6 Comments

So I am troubleshooting my fuel gauge issue. I bought a new sender and tested it. It  it goes from 1-ohm (empty) to 35-ohm (full). When I test it (outside the tank), when the float is in the up (full) position it only moves the gauge to about 1/2 full. When at the bottom (empty) position the gauge shows empty. This is the same issue I have when I fill and then use the gas in the tank - the gauge never reads ore than half full. Based on what I've read on this thread it would seem like the…

Continue

Website

Posted by Fritz Seitz on August 11, 2020 at 2:35am 0 Comments

I have been working on a website-----www.fritzsautorepair.com-----

Does anyone have suggestions?

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2020   Created by Jason Edge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service